anticipation anxiety

[ju...]

hi fellow benzo warriors  i have been experiencing this sx for at least the last 3 years  but it was hit or miss depending on the situation but recently with the last year it has gotten way worse  and causing pretty bad insomnia any one else deal with this issue... ????  i have recently hurt my upper back and neck and was able to leave the house to go see my chiropractor which is a big deal because of the agoraphobia  i have but i was supposed to go again yesterday but the anticipation got me  i did not sleep well and cancel the appointment now i am suffering laying in bed most of my day icing till i can try again Monday 

[37...]
This happens a good bit for me. It gets easier and then all of the sudden it’s back. I tend to cancel things a lot. And when I don’t cancel, I take someone with me that I feel secure with.

This happens a good bit for me. It gets easier and then all of the sudden it’s back. I tend to cancel things a lot. And when I don’t cancel, I take someone with me that I feel secure with.

Same here and most of the time I get someone else to drive me. It is getting better slowly but I have to practice slowly. I was improving before Covid hit and then took a step backwards. I need to start practicing again. The thing is I can drive back from any where with no problem whatsoever. It is the going to the appointment or any where else that causes me anticipatory anxiety.

If I have anything on the schedule before noon, I do not sleep much at all the night before. I worry that I will oversleep or that I won't sleep much and will feel bad. So, I lay in bed just thinking, thinking, thinking. Then, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. Appointments can be things like doctor appointments but also plans to do fun things. Wish I could change this about myself. 

thanks for the reply i feel the same way i wish dr could understand this more and help us out ... but i had a decent day and even made a trip to the chiropractor and it really helped  me this time hopefully i can go again this week if i am up to it....    i have a pinched nerve in my neck  i definitely got relief when being manipulated my neck and upper back sound like a pack of fire crackers going off ...  his office was empty to which was also great i was in and out in 4 mins back on the way home ....

• 1 month later...
new problems arising for me .... so i was able to get in 4 visits over a 2 week span with my chiropractor  but now that i am all fixed up  i recently in the past 2 days have been having some tooth pain on and off  ...  i do not have a dentist anymore because its been 10 year since ive last been there....  i am at a cross roads of what to do because i CAN NOT KEEP APPOINTMENTS DUE TO MY TERRIBLE ANTICIPATION ANXIETY  i wont sleep the night before and sleep is my worst trigger .. i am also not a big fan of the dentist in general..  also i get very over stimulated by house lights and i am afraid that the big light they shine on my will do the same  anyone have similar situations ? or in a place to give good advice