Author Topic: Parenting in Recovery  (Read 3499 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Parenting in Recovery
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2020, 12:44:26 am »
I was thinking about how covid has really changed our kids' lives.  My daughter was so excited to decorate her locker for middle school and she is so social.  But all school is online.  My niece just went off to college.  They are not allowed to hang out in each others dorm rooms.  The gym is closed. Most classes are held on zoom.  She even tried out or a sorority. ALl of the sorority gatherings have been on zoom.  My sister is about to pull her out next semester.  She's like, why am I spending all of this money for my child to not have that true experience.  It's just so sad what has happened. Many highschool sports were canceled.   Thank goodness, my son plays golf and that was one of the few sports they did not cancel.  I just remember my highschool and college experience.  Our kids are missing out and it's so sad.  I'm truly stuck between signing my kids up for activities.  I'm just so vulnerable...I would totally not make it or it would put me I a setback.   
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2020, 01:14:17 am »
wow [...] she really is missing out on the experience! I think ur sister is right best to wait til this is over so she can enjoy it x
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2020, 02:29:13 pm »
I'd have my daughter do online college too in some regard if covid isn't resolved by next fall (God forbid!), but she's taking sciences which require hands on lab classes and such - so they have to be in person for that.

I've been so wiped out the past few days.. I feel like a sloth lol. Ok..I move better than a sloth, but seriously. I feel plastered to the bed in the morning - not like a comfy cozy thing, more like my body feels heavy.
I might be doing breakfast for dinner today!  Toast for everyone...... :thumbsup:

I will say the days they are attending at the school (today)it's a day where I can be alone and not have to "save face" and act "normal". It feels good to just "be"..whatever it is for that day. I mean I wouldn't want to be alone everyday - that was last year and it was so hard. But it is nice to get the break.

Hugs to you all!  :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2020, 04:32:23 pm »
Our countyís COVID cases have dropped so if we stay here for the next two weeks my sonís school will open for hybrid learning which the district decided would be an AM/PM schedule where half the students attend at one time and the other half another time. Theyíll offer the option of distance learning still, but my son desperately needs the interaction with his classmates and teacher so he will do in person. (And I desperately need a break, distance learning kindergarten is so frustrating)

[Buddie]

« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2020, 05:36:44 pm »
Yes these are some crazy scary uncertain times. This covid has probably changed our lives for a long time. We have to adjust and do our best to help our kids to adjust. It's one thing to have to adjust one aspect but this is a hard hit that required adjustment of everything...shopping, paying bills, working, gathering, school, etc
Not easy for most people. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #155 on: October 18, 2020, 10:55:37 pm »
My son goes to in-person starting tomorrow. They are doing a modified AM/PM schedule so half of the students attend in the morning and the other half the afternoon. My son is so excited, but I worry about his health. He desperately needs the in person interaction which is why we chose to have him go back to in person instead of staying on zoom.

[Buddie]

« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2020, 11:04:51 pm »
Donít be afraid [...] kids immunes are strong. He will be fine x

[Buddie]

« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2020, 03:19:22 pm »
My son goes to in-person starting tomorrow. They are doing a modified AM/PM schedule so half of the students attend in the morning and the other half the afternoon. My son is so excited, but I worry about his health. He desperately needs the in person interaction which is why we chose to have him go back to in person instead of staying on zoom.

its gone pretty good so far with my kids doing hybrid. Remember theres normal covid concerns and then theres benzo hyper vigilance on top of it :(
Breathe....you have chose what is right for you and your family.

[Buddie]

« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2020, 04:31:36 pm »
Trina, thank you. I really needed to hear that.  :smitten: :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #159 on: October 19, 2020, 08:33:44 pm »
Thatís so true trina. X