Protein Powder

[Ic...]

Hey, can anyone suggest a protein powder that won't ramp up symptoms? Also, any smoothie recipes are appreciated as well.

Good luck with that icy...I found out the hard way:(

Most protein powders have a ton of vitamins, minerals (magnesium...), and amino acids that are all great for "regular" people. The problem is if you are at all sensitive to any of these you're going to feel it. Bc its all mixed together you can't even identify what might be causing sensitivity.

Now if you were to take vitamins separately you could possibly try much smaller doses one by one and see what you can handle.

But It sounds like you might be just wanting a soluble protein powder by itself..I do not know of any...I'd like to know if there are!

My smoothie is just a banana, vanilla unsweetened almond milk and some berries. sometimes some coconut milk. If I want protein I throw in a lump of almond butter. :)

Trina, today I went to the grocery store and saw all of the ingredients on the back of the protein tub and most are no-nos for us. Like you are doing, I decided to just stick to a simple fruit/green smoothie

Okay update...just got a tip from a fellow member....they use a pea protein powder and say they've had no problems with it. You can buy them as just pea protein...no added vitamins etc. Since its from peas and plant based this is excellent for those trying to avoid gluten and dairy.

Def with a shot!! look online and look for one without added stuff. theres various brands. :thumbsup:

There is a plain pea protein on amazon that I use and it has nothing but peas. It taste horrible but it gives me the protein I need. It is called Source Naturals Pea Protein Power Plant Based Protein Powder.

PG

Have any of you tried those Bolthouse smoothies and protein drinks from the grocery store? I've had good luck with them. Hard to know if they'd work depending on how sensitive a person is but might be worth a try.

I use a protein powder that is nothing buy whey protein. It tastes like . . . nothing. And it has nothing added to it. Type this in the amazon search bar: "raw organic whey". You'll see a package with a cow on it. The whey is from grass-fed cows if that's important to you (it is to me). I use a hand blender to mix it. It's not at all gritty. Goodness knows, I've tried about every protein powder out there.

I love it. I add some almond milk, a bit of chocolate sauce, some ice and a banana.  Or some almond milk, and fruit.

Hope this helps.

Katz