Scale recommendation for liquid Millilitres

[jo...]

Hello all,

Cans someone give a recommendation for a good quality scale that will measure in liquid millilitres?

I am doing a DLMT and I make a 7-10 day supply using syringes to fill up my jar.  When I have to make a batch during a bad sx day, I have trouble concentrating on the markings on the syringe and have made measurement mistakes in the past.  I just thought using a scale to measure the liquid would take a lot of the work out of the process and be more accurate.  I have looked on Amazon, but there are sooo many choices.

Thanks for your input,

JoJo

Hi Jojo!

A lot depends on the range of weights you expect to weigh.  You'll need to know the min and max in grams.  Remember to include the weight of the jar, as well as the weight of the liquid.  If the liquid you're weighing is mostly water, you can estimate (for the purposes of choosing a scale) that 1 mL weighs 1 g.

Have you considered using a graduated cylinder to measure your liquid(s)? 

Hi Jojo!

A lot depends on the range of weights you expect to weigh.  You'll need to know the min and max in grams.  Remember to include the weight of the jar, as well as the weight of the liquid.  If the liquid you're weighing is mostly water, you can estimate (for the purposes of choosing a scale) that 1 mL weighs 1 g.

Have you considered using a graduated cylinder to measure your liquid(s)?

Thanks Koko

The scales that I have been looking at have a button that automatically removes the weight of the jar. Then all you have to do is start pouring liquid in the jar and the scale tells you how many millilitres you have put in the jar without you having to do any conversion math.  With so many options for this kind of scale, I was hoping someone could suggest a particular or reliable brand of scale. 

The tare weight (that is, the weight of the container that you zero out when you push the button) combined with the weight of whatever you are weighing should not exceed the capacity of your scale.