Fixing the gut

[bf...]

[bf...]
Does anyone know how to fix the gut?  There are so many conflicting articles and information out there.  Apparently alot of us have SIBO and leaky gut?

I am taking apple cider vinegar and digestive enzymes before meals. I’m also taking probiotics and trying to eat more fermented foods such as sauerkraut, etc. I’m also drinking kombucha and kefir

restoration: You are correct that all the things you mentioned do restore gut health...

however, fermented foods can be bad for some in benzo recovery. i love my fermented foods but since this whole benzo thing I cannot take them. even a teaspoon of AC vinegar made me feel waaaaay off.  Even my favorite brined pickles... :(    I even tried kombucha...same reaction.

So for gut health I eat foods that complement each other in the way that you need to eat foods that are prebiotic and probiotic.

Reduce or cut out sugars..the bad bacteria in the gut feeds on sugars. So if you starve them they die:)

I've noticed a big difference in eating way more raw vegetables, esp cauliflower and broccoli.

[1f...]
It's more what you don't have to eat than anything else. All grains products are the main culprit together with alcohol and sweet stuff. Candida in your gut is a good indication as of how healthy your gut is. Keto diet and intermittent fasting are also good ways of healing your gut.

The problem is in the fact that we are all essentially histamine intolerant on top of the SIBO/leaky issues.  Adding pre/pro-biotics that produce histamines is what you are trying to stop and avoid.  I finally dug a bit deeper and learned that many probiotic bacterias actually produce histamines and further drive our intolerances/allergies/sensitivities to the moon!  There are non-histamine pro-biotics and that is what you want for repopulating.

Histamine releases with the dilating blood vessels momentarily dropping blood pressure and triggering Anxiety + rapid heartbeat to bring pressure back up is often mistook for panic attack or heart issue( just shows as a fast pulse).  Histamine releasers like tomatoes should be avoided along with DAO production inhibitors.

It is a really confusing mess that I don't claim to understand fully and there are tons of ripoff folks online wanting to sell you their special enzymes/non-histamine bacterias/supplements= I wouldn't trust any of them. Find research papers by unbiased researchers testing different gut health methods and see what they are using to accomplish their intended goals.

restoration: You are correct that all the things you mentioned do restore gut health...

however, fermented foods can be bad for some in benzo recovery. i love my fermented foods but since this whole benzo thing I cannot take them. even a teaspoon of AC vinegar made me feel waaaaay off.  Even my favorite brined pickles... :(    I even tried kombucha...same reaction.

So for gut health I eat foods that complement each other in the way that you need to eat foods that are prebiotic and probiotic.

Reduce or cut out sugars..the bad bacteria in the gut feeds on sugars. So if you starve them they die:)

I've noticed a big difference in eating way more raw vegetables, esp cauliflower and broccoli.

Yes absolutely! Everyone needs to listen to their own body because individual reactions are different. For a long while, I could not tolerate apple cider vinegar because it revved up my internal tremor. However I tried it again recently, and now I do not notice any ill effects and it seems to be helping my digestion.

A while back I took a pretty long course of antibiotics and then I was eating all kinds of gluten and sugar ... I think it really messed up my gut biome, so that’s why I’m trying to get some friendly bacteria in there!  I do understand that many folks in benzo withdrawal have food sensitivities, so everyone should proceed with caution.

Oh restoration that is good news! i can't wait to have salad dressing again (oil and vinegar...lol).

antibiotics really wreak havoc....