Started titration yesterday

[mi...]

I am down to a half of a .25 Xanax total a day, split into three doses.

How do I convert this over to start the water titration method?

How much ml of water do I start with and how much do I take out every day of my three doses, and how often do I remove? please help me I’m confused.  Thank you

You can make a mixture and just measure out what you need for the day.

Dissolve 1 mg Xanax (which is four of the 2.5 mg tablets) in 2 ml vodka and add 8 ml water for the master mix which is now based on 10s. This is a small amount of liquid total.

To stay right where you are now, you just use a syringe and draw up 1.25 ml. This would be 1/8 of your master mixture. So the mix would, at this point, last for eight days. It lasts longer as you continue to decrease your amounts.

Once you draw out the 1.25 ml, you can put that in a measuring cup and add water. this just makes it easy to dose. You might fill to 3/4 cup so that you would have three equal doses of 1/4 cup each. This is a lot easier than trying to measure out very tiny ml amounts three times per day.

With this mixture, you can reduce by very small amounts. You have a lot of control over the speed of the taper.

I’m sorry but I don’t know what you are explaining I want to do the water titration method, put 300 or 150 ml of water in jar take 1 ml out everyday? Something like that.

There are a lot of ways to do liquid titration. The way I explained is just less liquid to deal with. You draw up the amount for the day from the basic mix and then add water so that it's easier to measure out the split doses. It just means that you use the same amounts for every mixture and reduce by drawing smaller amounts every day.

You do know that Xanax does not disperse evenly in water right? That is why there is a little alcohol in the mixture.

In my directions, I put 2.5 but it should be the .25 pills. I got the decimal point off when explaining. Sorry about that.

Note:  Edited at 11:33 am CDT to correct an error in solvent volumes. 

Hi Mike,

I'm not a Xanax liquid titration expert, so I can't advise you regarding solvent types/ratios or tablet solubility.  But I think I understand what you are aiming for, so maybe I can at least help with the math part of this.  You will need a 100 mL graduated cylinder and a syringe or two (maybe a 3 mL and a 10 mL syringe).

Let's assume Lilyann is correct about the 1 to 4 proportion of alcohol to water. (Hopefully someone will weigh in to verify that, as well as the following xanax dissolution procedure.)

1)  Dissolve 0.125 mg of xanax in 25 mL vodka.  Allow the tablet to disintegrate overnight.

2)  Add 100 mL water, cap, and shake until tablet is completely dispersed. 

3)  The total volume of the solution you just prepared is 125 mL. 

4)  The concentration of this xanax solution is 0.125 mg per 125 mL, which is equal to 0.001 mg/mL.   

5)  You will need to make this solution every day. 

Now, to divide your 0.125 mg of liquid xanax into three doses:

@8 am          take 40.0 mL (equal to 0.040 mg of xanax)

@4 pm          take 40.0 mL (equal to 0.040 mg of xanax)

@12 midnite  take 45.0 mL (equal to 0.045 mg of xanax)

Total = 0.040 mg +0.040 mg +0.045 mg = 0.125 mg

Suppose you're ready to reduce your daily dosage to 0.120 mg.  Remove 5 mL, which is equal to 0.005 mg, and discard.  Then

@8 am          take 40.0 mL (equal to 0.040 mg of xanax)

@12 midnite  take 40.0 mL (equal to 0.040 mg of xanax)

Total = 0.040 mg +0.040 mg +0.040 mg = 0.120 mg

When you're ready to reduce your dosage to 0.119 mg, remove 6 mL, which is equal to 0.006 mg, and discard.  Then

@8 am          take 39.0 mL (equal to 0.039 mg of xanax)

@12 midnite  take 40.0 mL (equal to 0.040 mg of xanax)

Total = 0.039 mg +0.040 mg +0.040 mg = 0.119 mg

And so on.  These are just examples--it's up to you as to what size cuts to make.  Of course you can adjust the dosage times--I just picked three that were 8 hours apart.  Remember to shake the solution prior to removing/dividing the solution.  You will also want to drink the rinse water from whatever container you drink your dose from.  Watch youtube liquid titration videos and check with other BB members for more tips and pointers.   

If you have questions, fire away. 

Hope this helps.  Good luck!

Vodka dissolves Xanax almost immediately. I just shook the container very gently after putting the vodka/Xanax together, and the pill dissolved really fast. There is some cloudiness due to the binders in the pills.

Thank you everyone for replying I am actually still very confused it’s probably the Xanax that’s doing it to me. I’ve called multiple compounding pharmacies this morning all of them told me do not mix benzos with any type of alcohol, milk, or water, I wish I could get a straight answer. They say it changes the chemical structure of the medication. Believe it or not, most of them were very rude to me and said I should not be experimenting like this.

It's terrible that you were treated that way, Mike. 

What other choices do you have but to experiment?  Jump off at 0.125 mg or stay on the drug forever?    :(

Vodka dissolves Xanax almost immediately. I just shook the container very gently after putting the vodka/Xanax together, and the pill dissolved really fast. There is some cloudiness due to the binders in the pills.

I just want to caution you about one of the assumptions you're making.

Although the tablet disintegrates when liquid (e.g. vodka) is added to it, we don't know what happens to the active drug substance (ADS) in the tablet because homebrew liquids have not been professionally analyzed. Some of the ADS may dissolve (i.e. go into solution) but it’s also possible that some may not. Members would be wise to treat homebrew liquids made with regular tablets as suspensions not solutions.