Weighted blanket

[45...]

[45...]

If you haven’t yet, please consider buying a weight blanket. I was having so many anxiety attacks at night that my husband was basically losing sleep to lay on me to keep me calm. ( such a great husband)  then when he’d leave at 4:30am he would stack three body pillows on me to help.

And then one day my grandma purchased me a weighted blanket. I swear it’s been the best thing I’ve used since my anxiety hit. I use it during the day. In the car. If I start to feel anxious at all I grab it. Now he only has to lay next to me and against me at night instead of on me. It may not relieve it altogether but it really has helped.

• 3 weeks later...
can u recommend a brand? i  always sleep with a pillow on my chest and a pillow over my head its always helped me feel more comfortable when i sleep. ive never heard of a weighted blanket but im assuming they are going to make me very hot. i sweat alot in my sleep and worried it will make me sweat even worse.

I tried one during a reiki session and it made me feel more anxious.  So I agree with scrabblegirl, they aren’t for everyone.

When the anxiety hits me, I feel like a cannot breathe and so I do not want something pressing on me. 

But everyone is different...

• 1 month later...

I purchased a weighted blanket from Costco a year or so ago. The first time I used it, I did sleep somewhat better. The 2nd night, not so much.  Then I would get too hot and sweat, so it is folded up to maybe try again this winter.

What I've learned from my withdrawal journey are, whatever works once, will maybe work twice and then it's over.  Early on in my recovery, if I waited a few weeks or months and tried something that had been successful, it would work again. That has all ended.

I think I am one of the few that is coming on year three being clonazepam free and year five of being Ambien free and still having sleep/exhaustion issues. I average 3-4 hours, with maybe a six hour night once every month or two.  The last couple of weeks I've been doing a little better, so maybe, just maybe, my sleep is coming back.

I bought a 25lb weighted blanket off Amazon 3 years ago.  I've been using it every night ever since.  Works well in the summer or winter.  I don't get too hot nor too cold.

It is claimed to increase serotonin levels through DTP (Deep Touch Pressure).

It isn't going to "knock you out" like a Benzo for sleep and it might not even help with anxiety, but overall, I have noticed that it seems to work pretty well for me.

https://www.rocabi.com/blogs/news/deep-touch-pressure-its-connection-to-weighted-blanket

https://www.amazon.com/Weighted-Blanket-Comfortable-Breathable-Washable/dp/B07RZBD3KC/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=50lb+weighted+blanket&qid=1602857922&sr=8-6