Please Help - Short Term user

[Ho...]

Hi everyone,

I’ve been on Clonopin for about 6 weeks. .5mg at night time. I was prescribed it for a bout of insomnia I was experiencing having no clue what these drugs do. I’m wanting to taper off. I am so overwhelmed with so many different ways to do so, I don’t know where to start or how to do it. My psychiatrist said I can just make cuts by 25% for a week at a time until I’m off. But from what I’ve read it seems like that’s too quick. He also won’t call it in to a compound pharmacy so I can do a liquid titration. I have the dissolvable tablets. Can anybody please please help me!! I’ve reached tolerance

Hello, Holly hock. 

Member dan327 has asked a very important question ... is your 0.5mg dose still working for your insomnia?

I have another one ... what is your history of benzodiazepine use?  Is this the first time you have taken Klonopin/clonazepam?  If not, please describe your past use.  Also, please let us know if you are taking/have taken any other psychotropic medications.

The answers to the above questions (as well as the addition of a Signature to your profile) will enable members to provide a more informed response to your post.