7 months cold turkey

[dr...]

It's now been 7 months since my cold turkey and my only lingering issue is the brain fog and mental confusion. I got a new job working 12 hour shifts 5 days a week and can totally manage it without any downsides. The most frustrating thing is my memory. I get blank in conversations and i often don't even comprehend on what's being said. This is so frustrating and it's my ONLY symptom that's left besides being moody sometimes but i think that's normal for everyone. My personality is shot and i can't laugh or be happy like i used to be, it's just blank and dry. Does this go away?? For people who had this really really bad, when did this all come back? I used to be so sharp and energetic and i always want to nap now.

I'm thrilled to hear you're not experiencing a multitude of physical symptoms after only 7 months, this is wonderful!  I understand your fear and frustration about the remaining issue but since you've had such an amazing recovery from the physical, I don't see why you won't recover all of your mental and emotional faculties as well.

We return to ourselves and it's a welcome homecoming because the loss of self through this process is terrifying.  Congratulations on the new job, you're amazing to be able to do 12 hour shifts, 5 days a week!  :thumbsup:

[a1...]
Your timing seems similar to mine.  The mental stuff will improve, but probably slower than you'd like.  Try not to get frustrated if/when you fall behind the conversation at times.  It's fine to ask clarifying questions.  I was pretty much back to normal at the one-year mark so you're most of the way there.