please help

[Sh...]

Hi Magrita

I have been taking zoplicone from 15mg I am now at 3.75mg and using 1.5mg valium to help WDs. I am only getting 3 hours sleep most days. Would love to speak with someone who knows best way forward.  I tried to reply to your ticket but was unable to x thank you so much x

Hi Shayna 78 :hug: Welcome to BenzoBuddies

We are glad that you have found us. I am sorry you are struggling with sleep issues. Have you been tapering the Zopiclone slowly,  it needs a taper similar to benzos?  How long have you been taking benzos?    Have you considered holding the zopiclone and tapering off the benzodiazepine first. You will get plenty of support and lots of encouragement to help you through this process. 

For tapering advice its generally recommended that you cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days according to how you are feeling, the aim is to try and keep any symptoms manageable.

I suggest you check out this manual The Ashton Manual.  is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are some helpful links:

Planning Your Withdrawal(TaperPlans)

Z-DRUG SUPPORT GROUP

You may want to check out the insomnia board. You may get some tips to help with your sleep issues. 

Insomnia 

You might like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hi Magrita

Thanku for your reply. Yes I’ve been tapering z slowly, down from 15mg. My dr and pd suggested using Valium to stop interdose withdrawal and also reconnection a benzo help group here in Australia. I was on temaze for about a year but not every night only used every now and then, until 2 years ago, started using it a bit more often. It stopped working so my dr switch me to zop then that’s when problems started. I have looked at Ashton manual and I’ve been tapering by an 8th of a tablet per fortnight to 3 weeks. I will update my signature. Thanku so much for ur help. Can’t wait to talk to some people that have been thru this xx

Shayna