Klonopin taper

[Ga...]

Hi all, I have had chronic fatigue syndrome for about 4 years now and have been on benzodiazepines for about as long,because it was the only thing that gave me any relief.I started with Xanax ,as needed, but eventually I found myself taking it 4 times a day and experiencing withdrawal between doses. I decided that I wanted to get off the stuff so my Dr put me on Klonopin for a couple of months and now I’m tapering off the Klonopin and I am having a very hard time. I was hoping to get some help here. Thanks

Hello Gamby32,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies. We are so glad you decided to join.

I am Sorry you are having a tough time in your taper. This process can be rough. You have made a good decision to taper off Klonopin. You’ve come to the right place for support and information.

Normally it’s advised to cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  Some even find this a little fast. Taking it slow is the way to go with these drugs.

Please take a look around the site.  When you are ready feel free to post questions. 

Here are some links that will be helpful.

The Ashton Manual  is a great place to start. Full of information on Benzo withdrawal including recommended reduction rates and what is happening to us.

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Planning Your Withdrawal (Taper Plans)

Klonopin Klub #2

It's helpful if you create a signature with info on history-  medication/doses/cut dates etc. This allows members to give support specific to your situation.  Here's how. Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile.

We are glad you are here. Please reach out for support. It really helps to know you are not alone.

JuJuBi