Fellow Warior

[lo...]

I am new here, but not to suffering from benzo damage.  I have been suffering from protracted benzo withdrawal for almost 2 years now. My brain, body and whole life has been damaged from these prescribed poisons.

I was given clonazepam 0.5 mg. 20 years ago by my neurologist for some issues I had with sleep.  I also suffer with chronic daily migraines. I was given no information about what they would do to me and not informed that they would cause immense problems in tolerance withdrawal and after getting off.

I am looking to find encouragement, support and understanding here. Thank you.

0.5 mg. clonazepam nightly starting in year 2000.

Many different anti-depressants given to me for chronic daily migraine management. Elavil, Nortriptilyne, Lexapro, wellbutrin, sertraline, effexor, paxil, cymbalta, plus about 15 more that I cannot remember the names of.

About 25 different migraine meds throughout the years, the last being Amovig shots which I took from July, 2018-November 2018.  While taking the Aimovig shots, I started getting dp/dr, depression, major insomnia, anxiety, etc. (this was the start of tolerance withdrawals that made me non-functioning).

Cold turkeyed from clonazepam by an in-patient unit in February, 2019. Reinstated one month later, then cold-turkeyed again in February, 2020. Reinstated for 1 month, with no improvement (kindled now). Cold-turkeyed for good since March, 2020.

Currently taking 50 mg. Trazadone for sleep. (If I take the Trazadone, I usually have about 4 hours broken sleep. If I don't take it I DO NOT sleep at all.

Hello longing64, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm so sorry to hear you've been suffering for so long, 2 years is a long time to be feeling this way, do you feel your migraines are symptoms of our withdrawal?  I've seen many members attribute theirs to benzo withdrawal.

Was your dose .5 mgs of Clonazepam or was it .05, just wanted to clarify. 

We're happy you're here and if you'd like to connect with others feeling as you are, please start a thread on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support.

I'm glad to you're benzo free, I hope recovery comes soon.

Pamster

Hi, Pamster:

Thank you for replying to my post. I corrected the dosage I was on. It was actually, .50 mg., not .05 like I had posted. Thank you for catching that. I look forward to the support and help I will get on this forum.

:smitten: