Need help with etizolam taper

[00...]

Hi,

During this whole covid-19 I started developing high levels of anxiety, becoming agoraphobic, and having obsessive compulsions with cleaning and disinfecting. A few months ago it was terrible and I could barely leave my bedroom but I managed to overcome a lot of it by myself and then with the help of online CBT therapy.

Then I discovered etizolam. I have been using it everyday for around one and half to two months now. Doses would range from 2-8mg daily. Recently I've started to wake up in panic attacks and I can feel the dread setting in whenever the drug wears off. I have been dosing just whenever I feel like it, sometimes many times throughout the day.

Yesterday I decided to try and get a regiment going, I took .75mg then 7 hours later .5mg, then 7 hours later a couple hours before I went to bed I took 1mg. I felt okay throughout the day but as the 7 hour mark approached I started to feel uncomfortable. Then I woke up far too early in the morning in a panic attack. I need to taper off. I have no other benzos I can use or get ahold of. What would be a good taper schedule for etizolam to avoid withdrawals? I have to go back to work tomorrow after having months off due to my severe anxiety and I'm worried about etizolams effect to my immune system.

Thanks for reading.

[e3...]

We generally recommend a nice slow taper with cuts of no greater than 10% every week or two.

I doubt if your immune system has taken a hit.  People tend to worry about immune responses if they've been experiencing harsh withdrawal symptoms for months/years.  Even then I think the immune response 'hit' is pretty small.

[e3...]

I'm not really sure how you'd taper etizolam.  I'd suggest you open up a separate thread and see what everybody thinks.

If you had only used it at night for sleep, I think you'd use a little less each night for sleep.  But you dosed kind of randomly from what I understand.

What's the smallest amount that you can take each day and not have strong withdrawal??  You tried 2.25 mg and that didn't seem to work.  Would 3 x 1 mg (or 4 x 0.75 mg) work??  It's OK to feel a little discomfort, but you want to find a level where you're mostly functional.  Once you find a level that works for you, you can begin reducing some or all of the doses slowly.

With 2.25 I'm not sure I really withdrawaled just felt anxious and restless when getting close to redose time. But waking up in panic makes me think maybe I should split it to four doses one of them being right before I get in bed.

• 2 months later...

Do you still need some help from Etizolam tapering?

I just jumped from my taper a few days ago.

I am free of this drug now, thank goodness.

I will check back to see if you answer.

There are not many who have tapered from this drug here, so I can help if you like.