Introduction/please help

[00...]

Hi,

During this whole covid-19 I started developing high levels of anxiety, becoming agoraphobic, and having obsessive compulsions with cleaning and disinfecting. A few months ago it was terrible and I could barely leave my bedroom but I managed to overcome a lot of it by myself and then with the help of online CBT therapy.

Then I discovered etizolam. I have been using it everyday for around one and half to two months now. Doses would range from 2-8mg daily. Recently I've started to wake up in panic attacks and I can feel the dread setting in whenever the drug wears off. I have been dosing just whenever I feel like it, sometimes many times throughout the day.

Yesterday I decided to try and get a regiment going, I took .75mg then 7 hours later .5mg, then 7 hours later a couple hours before I went to bed I took 1mg. I felt okay throughout the day but as the 7 hour mark approached I started to feel uncomfortable. Then I woke up far too early in the morning in a panic attack. I need to taper off. I have no other benzos I can use or get ahold of. What would be a good taper schedule for etizolam to avoid withdrawals? I have to go back to work tomorrow after having months off due to my severe anxiety and I'm worried about etizolams effect to my immune system.

Thanks for reading.

Hello, 00northstar - Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

Congratulations on your decision to become benzo-free!  I think it is very wise for you to taper off of the etizolam now, as the longer you stay on it, it may become even harder to get off of. 

I'm so glad you decided to join the forum - you'll find plenty of information and support here. Our members have gone through all aspects of benzodiazepine use and withdrawal, so you'll be able to connect with others who understand what you're going through and can tell you what has worked for them.

Please feel free to post to any of the specialized boards, which can all be accessed from the BenzoBuddies Community Forum homepage. Based on the information provided in your introduction, the following links may be a good starting place for you:

General Taper Plans

Withdrawal Support During Your Taper

When you have a chance, I highly recommend that you take a look at The Ashton Manual, which is an authoritative source on what to expect during withdrawal and recovery, authored by Dr. C. Heather Ashton, who is an expert in the field. It provides a great deal of information that can be very reassuring during any stage of this process, including a list of common symptoms with helpful explanations on the reasons for their existence.

For those who are currently tapering, we suggest reducing no faster than 5-10% every 10-14 days, and some taper even slower than that. One exception: very short-term users of a few weeks or less may be able to taper faster than that. 

Please take the time to Create a Signature. This will allow members to see where you are in the process, so that they can better support you.

Again, welcome!

Greencup  :smitten: