I feel like an idiot.....

[An...]

So I've been on 1mg of Clonazepam for 12 months that and lately I've been having intermittent headaches, gastro issues, terrible jaw/neck/back/shoulder pain, insomnia.

Until reading these forums I had no idea I've pretty much hit my tolerance and am already in a state of withdrawal.

I guess this is my body's way of saying it's time to taper off of this stuff for good. I'm committing to that. Benzos no more.

Yep! Time to join the club! Wish you didn't have to!

You may want to talk to the people that have done sensible tapers and hopefully they can help you plan a taper.

Best wishes in the journey ahead!

Oh but don't feel like an idiot!

You are not! These drugs are just plain awful and doctors never warn you enough.

Not your fault :smitten:

Thanks! I needed to hear that. I've been battling my psychiatrist on not upping the dosage because "you're on a manageable dose and people take these their entire lives."They're not effective anymore, I'm tired all the time, I feel like crap, and I want a good medically supervised tapering schedule...I suppose that's not the argument they want to hear.    :'(

Yes, unfortunately you must advocate for yourself!

It's weird when you realize that many doctors are not as trustworthy as you thought, and makes it all the more special when you find one that is. They are out there....just hard to find.

Hope yours will support you with tapering. You can point them to resources like Benzo Information Coalition, and Prof. Ashton's work.

Sometimes it can be helpful.

Best wishes

I guess there’s one thing I can be somewhat happy about with my experience. After 12 years I never needed to up my dosage. I guess that’s one silver lining. Or maybe not. If I did have what your experiencing after one year then maybe I would have stopped 11 years ago. Just thinking out loud.

You. Are. Not. An. Idiot.

We’re all (mostly) in the same boat. At least similar vessels. I support your path friend. I’m right there with you.