dental issues

[da...]

Hi Yall,

I am post bezo use and recovery. Now I need to have 4 wisdom teeth pulled and I was wondering what your experiences were re anesthesia for

removal of wisdom teeth. Since I am having 4 teeth removed all at once, I'm scared that I may go back into withdrawal. Any feedback would be

greatly appreciated.

I am going to an oral surgeon.

Thank you.

Worried and scared.

Danny-o

Hi y'all

I was on Klonopin 31/2 years for anxiety.

CT 6 years ago and went through a withdrawal from HELL.

I'm finally doing OK although I still have anxiety issues and I am still not employed.

I need to have 4 wisdom teeth extracted and going to have IV sedation. Dentist is an oral surgeon

Anything I need to be aware of? Should I tell Doc I was dependant on Klonopin because a pdoc was negligent.  Dentist will probably think I'm an addict.

Wonder what should I do?

Thank you.

Are they going to put you out for it or use local anaesthesia?

In U.K. they tend to put ppl out for it I think.

I know they did me back in my teens but my wisdom teeth had not come through at the time.

I have not had problems with local anaesthetic in WD.

I just had my last wisdom tooth out. No sedation, only local anesthetic. But it was only one wisdom tooth (and the tooth next to it).

I did have minor surgery while I was tapering to remove a chest port. I just wanted local then too, but the staff was like "no." So I had midazolam (a benzo) and fentanyl (an opioid). Honestly, I didn't need either. But truthfully, neither bothered me.

You can probably ask for no benzo. But even if they give you a benzo, it should not be a problem with a one-time dose.

I think since you are having IV, that they will give you propofol to put you under. I have read other people here on benzobuddies say they have no problem with propofol either.

Hi Y'all

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I will definitely request no benzos, no fluorquinolone antibiotics, and no epinephrine

Yes they will put me out with IV.

danny-o

You should be able to call the doctors office and ask them what drug(s) they will be using to sedate you. Then maybe post it here to see if anyone sees any conflict. That’s exactly what I just did with my post about being sedated for an epidural.