I reainstated and need help with slow taper

[Ta...]

I was sent to ER because I had dropped 50 pounds after CT  I CT for 6 weeks.  The hospital put me on .5 in afternoon Aprazolam and .5 in the evening.  I need help with tapering.  I have appointments to psychologist in the afternoon today. 

Sorry you've been going through such a tough time. 

I'm sure others will chime in but staying on a consistent dose & tapering slowly making small cuts guided by symptoms is the best route for most of us. 

It doesn't mean you'll have no symptoms, but it can help keep them to a minimum.

It may be rough going for a while but you will get through this.

Wow, that's a big drop in your weight, you've been through a rough time, I'm so sorry.  I wish the hospital would have prescribed a longer acting benzo to taper from, I realize Xanax is what you quit cold turkey but is there any chance you'd consider a longer acting one?

Hi Tallgolfer, I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling. I had to reinstate too in order to start eating and stop losing weight.

The dose they put you back on seems quite high considering you weren't at that dose before. I would suggest taking the least amount possible in order to function. When I reinstated I took .25mg and divided it into 3 doses a day in order to maintain a more balanced system. I would also purchase a jewelry scale and start weighing the doses/crumbs since it can be difficult otherwise to get an accurate dosage.

Feel free to message me directly with any questions.