Hello-1 month off

[WV...]

Hello, I am a month and 1/2 off of Ativan after about 7-8 months on it. I was taking up to 2mg a day. I initially took it for severe anxiety, but built a tolerance quickly. I then tapered odd quickly in about 7 weeks. I felt fine the first 2 weeks, now I have symptoms. Insomnia, heart palpitations, depression, etc. looking to find others who understand and can provide feedback.

Hello WVgirl :hug:  Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

It’s good to have you here, we understand what you are going through, you will get plenty of support.  Congratulations over 1 month benzofree.  I know how awful these symptoms are, sorry  that you are having a tough time.  Any worrisome symptoms get checked out. You did quite a fast taper,  benzos should be tapered off slowly.  The withdrawal symptoms you are experiencing are normal and they will get better, they are temporary and will resolve with time. Please feel free to ask questions and post to any of our dedicated threads.

I suggest you check out this manual Professor Ashtons Manual  It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides withdrawal information  listing common symptoms

Here are a couple of links to support boards:

Post withdrawal recovery support.

Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

We have a dedicated board dealing with Anxiety issues.

Anxiety     

If you would be so kind as to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard.

Magrita