Feels like I can have a nervous Breakdown anyone else ?

[To...]

It feels like I can have a nervous breakdown at any minute from lack of sleep,does anyone else get like this? It’s so bad...I’m barely hanging on my body is so exhausted and tired

Yes.  I have just come thru two excruciating bouts of insomnia.  I went for several nights both times without losing consciousness.... just like I was in a twilight half-awake state.  My body was vibrating and nerves firing off - it felt like an earthquake at one point.  I almost lost it.  I did lose it.  I was so tight and exhausted in the day, I was afraid I would just die.  Meditation didn't work.  Nothing did.   

All my negative thinking came out to play.  My failures, my fears.  If I ever came close to re-instating - this was it and I realized that I could never judge anyone who just couldn't take the taper anymore.

I decided to give Melatonin another try.  I had a bad experience with it a few years ago.  It worked this time.... I have slept between 5 to 6 hours a night for 4 nights now thank God.

It gets crazy without sleep after awhile, for me.  I hope that you find a supplement to get you through.  Best wishes.......

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Tommy,

I hope things are better for you by now. Lack of sleep is brutal and the feeling of having a nervous breakdown is so hard. I kept telling myself that I was not a danger to myself or others so I didn't need to go "somewhere" but being alone with these horrible emotions and feelings is the scariest thing in the world! Hang in there!  :therethere:

• 2 weeks later...