So Thankful to be here!

[Ov...]

Hello All, I am totally off the Xanax I took for 7.5 years! I have been off for two weeks and two days. I searched for this group today because i have been feeling so awful and was feeling afraid that I would never feel better again. I came on and saw a post from Parker describing how we need time to rebuild the pathways and neurotransmitters that have become imbalanced and that our brains can heal! I was so encouraged and feel good about pressing on again. I’m so thankful to be here and to know I am not alone in this. 

Hello OvercomerMama, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I'm so glad to hear that Parker's post was helpful, it explains what's going on with us so well.  Can you tell us how long your taper was and what dose you started at?

Yes, most of us still have to deal with unpleasant symptoms long after we're rid of the pill but as you know, our brain has a lot of repair work to do and it doesn't happen overnight, I used to wish for just that though.

If you'd like to connect with others going through this feel free to start a thread on the Post-withdrawal Recovery Support board, there are many in your shoes.

Please ask questions, we're happy you found us.

Pamster