Klonopin W/d Symptoms Just Switching to Milk?

[re...]

Hi everyone,

I've been taking 0.5mg of K for 6 months every night at bedtime. I've recently made the decision to go with milk titration after lurking on this forum for a while and learning as much as I can.

I switched over my full dose to milk around 4 - 5 days ago, and am now experiencing what I believe to be pretty bad withdrawal symptoms. I believe the switch to milk is causing all this because I was stable beforehand, and not having any issues. Now I'm pretty sick.

I do not have a dairy intolerance, and I've not titrated yet...only switched to milk. I'm pretty sure I did everything right as well.

My current plan is to:

1. Crush up the 0.5mg of K and put it in 100mL of whole fat homogenized milk to dissolve overnight.

2. Take out 0.5mL extra each following night - so total should take around 200 days (once I actually start to taper).

Yet all I've been doing so far is crushing the K and putting it in the milk - letting it dissolve overnight then drinking it.

But after around 4 - 5 days I'm feeling really ill.

Has anyone else had withdrawal symptoms just switching from pill Klonopin to milk? Even when taking the same dose?

Is this expected? How long will this last?

I'm quite worried as I've tried dry cutting a month ago and had terrible w/d. I really thought DLMT would be my saving grace. But it's not looking so certain now..

Follow up question: I see a lot of people on here are using alcohol to titrate. Could I get some info on how this would be done if milk isn't working out?

Is your method similar to this?

Have you considered asking your Dr for prescription liquid Clonazepam or a compounded liquid?

When I started my DLMT with milk, I was on three doses a day.  The 1st dose was liquid and the 2nd and 3rd were a capsule.  As time went on, I was at two doses a day, the 1st liquid and the 2nd capsule.  Then I was on one dose of liquid only.  When I first began my DLMT, I was told to mix the capsules with the liquid because sometimes it's hard for your body to adjust from capsules to liquid. 

PAMSTER: Yes, my method is similar to that one. But simpler. I feel like that video makes it seem more complicated than it needs to be (for my situation at least). I dose just once a day at night. So the night before, I crush a 0.5mg Kpin pill, put it in 100mL of whole fat milk, shake and put it in the fridge. Then the next night I pull 0.5mL from that K milk and drink the rest. Then I make my K milk for the upcoming night.

I have considered asking my doctor for a liquid or compounded prescription, but have decided against it - as the home solution liquid titrating is more convenient for me.

CAGIRL: I see. I dose just once a day with a pill, so unfortunately I can't mix dosing pills and liquid to slowly adjust.

I assume you're agitating it before withdrawing the next day since there is a possibility of the drug adhering to the sides of the container you're using.

I understand convenience but there is also accuracy to consider and if you're experiencing problems my suggestion would be to look into professionally produced compounds or liquids.  Titration FAQ's

there is a possibility of the drug adhering to the sides of the container you're using.

This is something I've read a lot on here and was aware of as well. I washed out and drank all remaining bits of K. I've been very meticulous and am pretty certain I'm measuring correctly. Unfortunately I'm not in a position where I'm able to easily get compounded/liquid K from a pharmacist. But I appreciate your feedback.

---

Do anyone have experience with water/alcohol titration? And has anyone experience symptoms just switching to milk from pill?

Hello, reg123.

Hats off for recognizing it is important to minimize drug loss due to surface transfer when preparing and using homebrew liquids.

How are you grinding your tablets? How are you transferring the resulting powder to the container?  Is there a possibility you are losing some of the powder due to surface transfer?

Based on what I’ve read here and elsewhere, it is not necessary to grind your tablets beforehand.  Just place your tablet in the container with the milk. 

I’ve also read that tablets from different manufacturers require different amounts of time to disintegrate.  One way to speed up the disintegration process is to add a small amount of distilled water to your tablet. Gently agitate the clonazepam/water mixture until it forms a slurry.  Then add the milk.  Just be sure to measure the amount of water you use and subtract that amount from the volume of milk you use to keep the total volume of your liquid constant.

If I were in your shoes, I would not abandon the milk homebrew yet.  Instead I would give my body more time to adjust to the new “formulation.”  (It is possible the potency and/or pharmacokinetics of the homebrew liquid may be different than the regular tablets you were ingesting.) If my symptoms were tolerable, I would just consider the change in format to be a small reduction in dose, stabilize (see note below), and proceed from there.  Only if my symptoms were intolerable and/or I had not stabilized after 2 weeks (or so), would I consider alternatives.  (Please be aware there are issues with the 1:2:8 benzodiazepine/vodka/water “recipe” you may have read about, especially when the benzodiazepine is clonazepam.)

Note: Stabilize does not mean “no symptoms.” Stabilize means symptoms are tolerable and are not changing (not getting better, not getting worse, just staying about the same).

reg123 ... I mentioned the three doses and mixing liquid with pills that I did just in case you wanted to spread it out and maybe that would help your symptoms.  It's easily done with the daily liquid micro-taper and you wouldn't have to take out, throw away any medications, but whatever works for you is all that matters.