SHORT term support group!

[De...]

I am short term user but need support to help me during post withdrawal and to deal with the pre existing anxiety that Benzo was used to suppress. I am trying to build up my coping skills and network to be strong enough to support me in the future when I become anxious. Right now my skills do feel strong enough to hold back a full anxiety attack. I am afraid about the future. But trying to plan ahead. But love in the present.  :)

I also want to help others during this journey.

I'm a short termer as well..  thing is I never really had anxiety issues to begin with but only what would be considered normal.. I never had sleep issues until I took Ativan.. I had stress related around work issues and isolated at home during COVID and my doctor prescribed me this poison.. (I had no clue what it was)  im off my 8 week taper in 6 days and have issues but anxiety is not one of them.. seems like us short termers get whacked with the same issue of people who have been on this for many years..  I now read anything over 3-4 weeks is considered long term..  crazy

Thanks Desertvibes/Friend, you have helped me so much in this journey. I’m totally joining this group. I’m still having annoying symptoms that seem to change. Also, I just had a recent setback from a vitamin. Note to self: when starting to feel a little better, don’t do anything wild... like take a vitamin.

Thanks Desertvibes/Friend, you have helped me so much in this journey. I’m totally joining this group. I’m still having annoying symptoms that seem to change. Also, I just had a recent setback from a vitamin. Note to self: when starting to feel a little better, don’t do anything wild... like take a vitamin.

You’re so welcome thank you for being so supportive as well!!  :)

Hi everyone!

Short term user as well took about a little over a month worth of lorazepam within a 2 month time frame.

Hi Desertvibes-

how are things..  I have 5 more days on this RATT poison.. other than my ears ringing.. I feel ok considering the hell I have been in..  I'm down to .05 today.. Aug 1 is my last day..  I really hope my 8 week taper will help..  I do admire you sticking out your ct..

Hi Desertvibes-

how are things..  I have 5 more days on this RATT poison.. other than my ears ringing.. I feel ok considering the hell I have been in..  I'm down to .05 today.. Aug 1 is my last day..  I really hope my 8 week taper will help..  I do admire you sticking out your ct..

Thank you! I hope your taper works too! I’m pushing along.. had a nice window yesterday! :)

I can join this thread! 8 weeks of Lorazepam...

How are you doing?? What symptoms are you dealing with looks like you’re 7 months off?

I can join this thread! 8 weeks of Lorazepam...

How are you doing?? What symptoms are you dealing with looks like you’re 7 months off?

Hi there! Actually, it's been 18 months since my cold turkey.

I still have some pesky lingering symptoms: internal tremor, varying degrees of dizziness, skin sensitivity, tinnitus (slight), pressure/crackling in my ear, brain fog/fatigue/benzo flu. I also see halos around lights at night.

BUT I want to specify that I'm currently withdrawing from another medication, and I think a lot of my current symptoms are because of this. I don't want to scare anyone! LOL.

I'm VASTLY improved. When I was in the thick of withdrawal, I had so many more debilitating symptoms, including insomnia, night sweats, benzo belly, extreme anxiety, hair loss, nausea, massive weight loss … I could go on and on. BWD is really ugly stuff. I became completely unrecognizable to myself. I took 3 months of short-term disability leave from work.

Now I'm back to work full-time, and although I'm still healing, I do consider myself fully functional. Sometimes I feel great, and other times I feel lousy. I just let myself rest and take and it easy when I'm not feeling great.

I do feel confident that one day I'll achieve 100% healing -- it's just going to take time :)  I know it's completely normal to feel lousy during BWD. It's also normal for recovery to take a long time (longer than we all would like!). I'm not where I want to be, but I vividly remember the dark days, and I'm very thankful for the progress I've made so far.

Hi Guys,

So glad to find the short term support group. I’ve been kind of inconsistent with my dose/when I took my Klonopin which was a disaster. My psychiatrist told me I could take it as needed up to 1.5mg if I needed to. I started at .5 last week and am going to make .125 cuts every 10-14 days. I have to work through this so I am terrified. Any support/suggestions would be awesome. My end date of my taper will be 9/10. Hoping this isn’t too fast. It’s a 40 day taper. My doctor has told me I could just jump off and be fine. Thank goodness I did my own research and realized that’s a terrible idea. I was prescribed for just some insomnia related to stress of COVID. Wish I would’ve never taken this poison.

Hi guys,

I’m starting a 40 day taper (cutting by .125 every 10 days) of .5 mg of klonopin that was prescribed 6 weeks ago. I’m worried about the taper and how withdrawal will be once I’m completely off. So thankful I did my research and realized I shouldn’t be on this long term for some mild anxiety/insomnia. My psychiatrist never warned me of anything with this medicine. Some support please!

Hi guys,

I’m starting a 40 day taper (cutting by .125 every 10 days) of .5 mg of klonopin that was prescribed 6 weeks ago. I’m worried about the taper and how withdrawal will be once I’m completely off. So thankful I did my research and realized I shouldn’t be on this long term for some mild anxiety/insomnia. My psychiatrist never warned me of anything with this medicine. Some support please!

Hi! Welcome to the short term group! I don’t have much a advice to offer in that department as I did a cold turkey.. i was having paradoxical effects to lorazepam and had to get off asap. Try posting this in the withdrawl support section and see if you get a better response!

Just over 10 months off and still in the thick of it. I don’t know if this is benzo or AD or both...took varying doses of klon .25-.75 not every day, but about 14-15 times over 40 days. I’m in pretty heavy wd still.

Just over 10 months off and still in the thick of it. I don’t know if this is benzo or AD or both...took varying doses of klon .25-.75 not every day, but about 14-15 times over 40 days. I’m in pretty heavy wd still.

I’m sorry to hear that? What symptoms are you still dealing with? 

DRDP, sensory overload, anxiety in my stomach and fear, cognitive and memory issues, dread, cortisol mornings, intrusive thoughts and memories, burning face, twitches and jerks and inner vibrations mostly. I certainly hope this goes away soon. I would have never expected this from just a short while on the meds. I also took meds before so maybe I kindled :(

Well, I wanted to report to the group that after losing 50 pounds in Ct after only 2 months use, I was rushed to the hospital.  The doctors actually are familiar with CT and recommended that I reinstate.  I found a Dr. that is supported me wth crossing over to Diazapam and I'm doing a slow taper.  90 percent of my symptoms went away.  I wll be making cuts based on my symptoms and what my body is telling me.  I'm bummed that I was not getting better in CT but I feel like this was the best option for me.  It may take years.  But I will put in the effort for my family and friends. 

Well, I wanted to report to the group that after losing 50 pounds in Ct after only 2 months use, I was rushed to the hospital.  The doctors actually are familiar with CT and recommended that I reinstate.  I found a Dr. that is supported me wth crossing over to Diazapam and I'm doing a slow taper.  90 percent of my symptoms went away.  I wll be making cuts based on my symptoms and what my body is telling me.  I'm bummed that I was not getting better in CT but I feel like this was the best option for me.  It may take years.  But I will put in the effort for my family and friends.

Aw I’m sorry you went through all that. You never know it might not take that long do what’s best for you!

[20...]

Hi

I took 1mg Clonazepam for two months.

I also took, at the same time, 10, then 20,  then 10 mg of Prozac, and I stopped.

I stopped both clonazepam and Prozac with a very short taper.

Now I have extreme dizziness and constant tremors.

I need your support!

Hi

I took 1mg Clonazepam for two months.

I also took, at the same time, 10, then 20,  then 10 mg of Prozac, and I stopped.

I stopped both clonazepam and Prozac with a very short taper.

Now I have extreme dizziness and constant tremors.

I need your support!

Hello! Sorry you’re going through that, it sounds like withdrawls. How are you doing today?

[20...]

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the ER due to extreme dizziness. My blood pressure was 168 /118 when I checked it at a friend's house. They gave me meclizine 25 mg for dizziness and toprol xl 25mg for the blood pressure. The medication makes me drowsy. It calms me down in a wired way.

The worst of all this is the fact that nobody believes me. They are all like: it's anxiety, TAKE YOUR PSYCHIATRIC MEDICATION. Some of the people I know kind of aggressive on that, others very insistent, but not imperative.

I need somebody to believe me!!! I had all kinds of symptoms from sensorial hypersensitivity to depersonalization, tremors, shakes, headakes, and many more...

Thank you guys for being here! Thank you!

Hi,

Two days ago I went to the ER due to extreme dizziness. My blood pressure was 168 /118 when I checked it at a friend's house. They gave me meclizine 25 mg for dizziness and toprol xl 25mg for the blood pressure. The medication makes me drowsy. It calms me down in a wired way.

The worst of all this is the fact that nobody believes me. They are all like: it's anxiety, TAKE YOUR PSYCHIATRIC MEDICATION. Some of the people I know kind of aggressive on that, others very insistent, but not imperative.

I need somebody to believe me!!! I had all kinds of symptoms from sensorial hypersensitivity to depersonalization, tremors, shakes, headakes, and many more...

Thank you guys for being here! Thank you!

Hi welcome!! I know EXACTLY what you’re going but through with doctors not believing you! Don’t take anymore benzos!! In time symptoms will lesson!

Hey all, short termer here, well short term in that they caused me a lot of problems in a very short space of time (very infrequent use over a few weeks/months), and the problems they caused lead to me being prescribed more benzos to fix it  :idiot:

[20...]

Hi again,

Due to the new medication I am not sleeping well throughout the night. I sleep, but I dream pretty vivid dreams, and my breathing is kind of shallow. I was given meclizine 25 mg for dizziness and toprol xl 25mg for high blood pressure at the ER.