Dry Taper Using Bob7's Method - A Few Questions to Those That May Be Trying It

[Mu...]

Hey, Newbie Here..

I was led here by two things: a web page from BB member Bob7 and a referral from a friend. I have some questions from those that may be trying this method which uses Microcrystalline Cellulose as a base.

Been using klonopin for only about 9 months. I actually quit Ativan CT but that was a living hell. I'm currently micro tapering (shaving) from .5mg of klonopin. I began the K taper in February and my current dose is .190mg. I've felt little to no WD effects during the ride down. Now, I'm headed into lower dose territory and thinking about changing my taper method.

I actually tried a wet taper method from a YouTube video for several weeks but found it was causing me to always second guess if my daily dose was correct. Additionally, this method requires "cooking" a batch up every day or two.

I would be interested if anyone could comment on the pros/cons of a wet vs dry taper method. Are the end results the same in the long run? Does the cellulose pose any digestive or absorption issues (I suffer from IBS)? Can a simple smoothie blender be used to grind/pulverize/powderize my k pills?

I'm no math or Excel spreadsheet expert, but Bob7's spreadsheet looks elegantly simple and accurate (https://benzodrytapermath.com/math). His web site does an excellent job of explaining what looks like a simple procedure delivering the desired results. Kudos to him for sharing his experiences and expertise.

Anybody have any thoughts, ideas, advice?

Thanks in advance.     

[52...]

fwiw - if your current tapering method is working well for you, I'd stay with it.

The cellulose (starch) shouldn't bother you.  In larger doses, it can act as a dietary laxative, but you shouldn't be taking anywhere's near that amount.

I'd suggest a mortar/pestle to grind the pills.  I worry that a piece of pill might get lost in the blender.  Easier to keep track of the powder in a mortar.

I absolutely did not think about the pill fragments getting lost/trapped inside the blades. Great point. I'm still a little concerned about shaving smaller and smaller pills as I go down in dose. I'm getting old and my vision and coordination with a blade is not what it used to be.

I've been reading up on cellulose and you are correct again. Low amounts are considered very safe with no side effects. And I did purchase a high quality product that Bob7 used in his taper. Thanks for confirming that.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Much appreciated.

Hey, Newbie Here..

I was led here by two things: a web page from BB member Bob7 and a referral from a friend. I have some questions from those that may be trying this method which uses Microcrystalline Cellulose as a base.

Been using klonopin for only about 9 months. I actually quit Ativan CT but that was a living hell. I'm currently micro tapering (shaving) from .5mg of klonopin. I began the K taper in February and my current dose is .190mg. I've felt little to no WD effects during the ride down. Now, I'm headed into lower dose territory and thinking about changing my taper method.

I actually tried a wet taper method from a YouTube video for several weeks but found it was causing me to always second guess if my daily dose was correct. Additionally, this method requires "cooking" a batch up every day or two.

I would be interested if anyone could comment on the pros/cons of a wet vs dry taper method. Are the end results the same in the long run? Does the cellulose pose any digestive or absorption issues (I suffer from IBS)? Can a simple smoothie blender be used to grind/pulverize/powderize my k pills?

I'm no math or Excel spreadsheet expert, but Bob7's spreadsheet looks elegantly simple and accurate (https://benzodrytapermath.com/math). His web site does an excellent job of explaining what looks like a simple procedure delivering the desired results. Kudos to him for sharing his experiences and expertise.

Anybody have any thoughts, ideas, advice?

Thanks in advance.     

Yep, might as well stick with what works if it has done well to this point. I've been using the liquid method by converting my k tabs to liquid then gradually reducing. It's a godsend for lower/small doses. It sounds like you're on a good track. Good luck to you!