Melatonin

[De...]

[0f...]

There's a little debate about long-term use of melatonin, but I haven't seen anything compelling that would indicate harm from nightly use.  I looked at a review published in 2019, and it stated that, "No evidence suggests that people develop tolerance to melatonin."  That's encouraging to me and it makes sense since it's eliminated very quickly so doesn't affect bodily functions very long.  I've read that there are time-release formulations coming out.  That approach is a bit more worrisome to me since it would effect physiology for far longer.

I take 2.5 mg most nights and it seems to help me fall asleep more quickly.  Sometimes, I forget to take it and I sleep about the same.  It's pretty effective for sleep onset, but only barely effective at extending sleep duration.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK534823/

I took it for quite some time and was fine. I slowly lowered the amount. I am able to sleep without it now. My sleep is not perfect yet but incredibly better!

I take it every night but in sort of a different way from some. I get quiet and lay down starting 7:30 or 8 then at 9 I take .75 mg ( I break off 1.4 of a 3 mg tablet ) then let is dissolve subliminally while I listen to either ASMR or some other meditation that relaxes me .  Then 30 min later take another . 75 . which equals half of a 3 mg tablet every night. I have been doing this since dec . I was still having 0 hour nights and desperate .  I took off 3 weeks in March an went back to 2 hour nights and went back on and I am still on without having to go up and sometimes can go on just .75 alone

I am sick from insomnia and my life quality is near 0 so  I had to do something .  I get 6- 8.5 hours most nights with it but I will wake up alot . My normal was 9 .

I take it every night but in sort of a different way from some. I get quiet and lay down starting 7:30 or 8 then at 9 I take .75 mg ( I break off 1.4 of a 3 mg tablet ) then let is dissolve subliminally while I listen to either ASMR or some other meditation that relaxes me .  Then 30 min later take another . 75 . which equals half of a 3 mg tablet every night. I have been doing this since dec . I was still having 0 hour nights and desperate .  I took off 3 weeks in March an went back to 2 hour nights and went back on and I am still on without having to go up and sometimes can go on just .75 alone

I am sick from insomnia and my life quality is near 0 so  I had to do something .  I get 6- 8.5 hours most nights with it but I will wake up alot . My normal was 9 .

Are you sleeping better these days ? I can’t wait for my sleep to reset.. I was only on benzos for 2 months it gave me insomnia I use to be a really good sleeper. 

Fair .

I have alot of stuff on my mind and if I am honest I am still REALLY grieving the sudden loss of my fiance 11 months before I jumped . I miss him badly . He helped me get through a 5 yr taper and was so looking forward to me and who I would be after I was totally off , he was my life .

The melatonin helps knock me out but to stay asleep I HAVE To clear my mind because I will wake , many times and I have to be able to get myself back to sleep , room MUST be dark and quiet  and me under a blanket . Sometimes I am successful sometimes I am not . I guess my nervous system is just still super sensitive to everything . I always loved to sleep with the stereo on  FM radio all night but not now .

I live in a legal state and relied on that to help get me down from the dosage I was on but could no longer take it in acute. So I am sort of stuck  .

I hope if I keep on I will get better but am thinking of trying some indica edibles if things are not any better by Christmas . Thats what I used before .  I'll be 58 then and I have been at this almost a decade ( taper and w/d  from benzos )  and I am wearing down .