Thinking that’s not normal

[he...]

Did anyone ever experience crazy irrational thinking? Thoughts like you don’t love the people in your life even though you KNOW you do. I KNOW I love my family, I’ve never had any of this before but now I feel disconnected. I keep thinking “what if I don’t really love them” “what if something bad happens” super irrational thinking. I’m afraid to be away from them but also afraid when I’m close to them. Is this normal in WD? I’m 3 months off Cold Turkey. I just want to know that I will get back to feeling safe around my family and feel genuine love like before.

side note: Ativan prescription states side effects include “thinking that’s not normal” they should really elaborate on that before prescribing this medication so carelessly

I went through this, I think it all ties in with what Professor Ashton talked about, depersonalisation, derealisation and intrusive thoughts and memories as described in the Ashton manual.  https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha03.htm#9

I wasn't able to connect with my feelings, I couldn't cry, didn't feel love, empathy or compassion.  I remember a co-worker died in an accident while I was recovering and the only thing I could feel was envy.  The only emotion I could truly connect with was fear.

Since recovering, I'm a fully functioning and feeling human, life is good again.

HOw long were you on Ativan? 

I have not experienced this but I have read that others have experienced this.

I was only on for 7 weeks. I stopped taking Ativan as soon as I realized I was getting crazy thoughts if I missed a dose. It freaked me out so much I stopped taking it and have been dealing with it since.

Some with me.  I was on for about 11 weeks.  Just stopped...didn't know about anything.

Do you have any mental symptoms or are yours mostly physical?

Healing will happen: You're fresh off of a CT..what  you're feeling is normal..althoguh I know its scary.

The thing thats rough about this is that we get hit with both physical and mental stuff - so not fair!

This healing takes time. Symptoms come and go. Intensity of things can change overnight - good and bad. Eventually you will feel some normalcy.

This is definitely NOT a linear healing. Its's true when we are told it is very up and down.

Breathe....we are all here together to support each other..taking turns.

We can be free.