Does anyone get strange really bad numbness at night? Any replies appreciated.

[oc...]

A few months ago I started getting weird numbness in my hand when sleeping. I looked it up and it said it could be carpal tunnel syndrome. Or i thought i was sleeping on it wrong.  Then it would happen a couple times a night every so often.

I have never had this before in my life so I really didnt think it was sleeping on it wrong. Then last night i had a very intense numbness in my hand and it woke me up. It was very hard to get the numbness to go away. It was pretty scary. This doesnt happen during the day or while im awake. It has only been happening at night while sleeping.

I have pretty much fast tapered my medicine. My dig is wrong i will try and change it later. I am only on 6mg twice daily compared to the 200mg twice daily i was on before for 30 years.

Could this be some weird WD symptom I am goign thru?

Any replies appreciated, Thanks

Daniel

I’ve noticed my hands and arm going to sleep and sometimes my leg. I had wondered if it was sleeping on it wrong also. It also gets really sore and have had to move my arm with my other hand and move it to work it out in my hands but mine also sore.

Do you only get your numbness at night while you are sleeping, Redbird? or do you get it during other times as well?

I know with mine it has only been at night. I have had tingling in my limbs before but nothing like this numbnes.

thanks for the reply

Daniel

This is the most scary sx I got recently after I got covid. I had numbness from wd but this one is different, it's deep, intense causing paralysis like sx feels like the body part is filled with lead hard to move or lift, to my arm, entire truck, head, face, hands somewhat less too.

Most episodes happened after waking up especially from day nap. I thought I had a real stroke only not permeant.

I had severe wd while I got the virus, but my gut feeling is, this is not from wd, but virus.

Often in my left arm and face.  Sometimes in the rest of my body

I also get "brain zaps" frequently.  Like a mini seizure but not dangerous.  Definitely disturbing when you're trying to sleep though

This is the most scary sx I got recently after I got covid. I had numbness from wd but this one is different, it's deep, intense causing paralysis like sx feels like the body part is filled with lead hard to move or lift, to my arm, entire truck, head, face, hands somewhat less too.

Most episodes happened after waking up especially from day nap. I thought I had a real stroke only not permeant.

I had severe wd while I got the virus, but my gut feeling is, this is not from wd, but virus.

Sorry that you had to go thru that. Your description of the numbness sounds kinda like mine. It was almost an aggresive numbness with a buzzing in it.

Maybe its just the withdrawal and the virus maybe ramped it up. That could probably happen if there is something messing with your immune system.

Hope you heal soon

Mine seemed to happen more at night and especially if I wake up during the night.

Its odd that it happens at night. I wonder if it has something to do with the  part of the nervous system that takes over when you sleep.

Often in my left arm and face.  Sometimes in the rest of my body

I also get "brain zaps" frequently.  Like a mini seizure but not dangerous.  Definitely disturbing when you're trying to sleep though

when i first went thru the rapid taper I also had the numbness  in the face and that was during the day but thats been over a year ago.

The brain zaps i got were before I started tapering. I assume it was some kind of side effect from being on the medicine so long. The brain zaps i got were an intense painful buzzing in my brain or head. It would keep me up all night. It was very scary.

Hope you start to feel better.