neurologist

[bo...]

Not really..... I had just about every test you can think of.

I'm not kidding. And I was really debilitated, couldn't walk or lift my limbs to even feed myself. And I have been around this forum for a year and everyone says the same thing...there is no real test that will prove it.

I did obviously meet the criteria for  Neurological exams, like hyperexcitability in nervous system, failed muscle strength, neuropathic pain, stuff like that.

What kind of test are you thinking?

Not really..... I had just about every test you can think of.

I'm not kidding. And I was really debilitated, couldn't walk or lift my limbs to even feed myself. And I have been around this forum for a year and everyone says the same thing...there is no real test that will prove it.

I did obviously meet the criteria for  Neurological exams, like hyperexcitability in nervous system, failed muscle strength, neuropathic pain, stuff like that.

What kind of test are you thinking?

I wanted to  claim  disability with it, and also for my  own validation. I heard  brain maping or electroencephalograph....Its becoming very  difficult when there is no one to validate you or tell you its rare...

I went to a Neurologist while in tolerance w/d and I had a positive ANA and then diagnosed with Lupus.  I believe it's drug-induced Lupus from the benzo's. 

It seems like I read about someone here that had to go to his disaibility hearing  based on what he had been left with inury wise ( severe depression and anxiety )  and was told by his atty not to mention benzos at all .

They ( the public and alot of attys ) do not recognize BEnzo anything as a disability .

I have had every test under the sun .. for years before taper and during taper then while in acute .  NO one could figure out what was wrong I had so much go badly wrong .

I actually was on disability for one year because of how I was in a interview with a social worker I was taken to by my ex husband ( an RN who has taken care of me for a long time )  at the end of taper . I was so ill I was psychotic , I did not know who I was or what my name was and I really could not respond at all and was granted that based on being psychotic or possibly schizophrenic . To be honest  I remember nothing of this interview I as tremendously ill .  I had to taper alone I got no help from the medical community at all .

My ex husband is a travel nurse and we ended up in a VERY conservative area when It was time o jump and the local SS office took some kind of issue with me and claimed I was lying about my situation and that I needed to come in NOW and they were YELLING at me on the phone , I was WAY to sick to even sit up and I could not go and they ruled against me because I could not even talk to them on the ohone . Its a very messed up situation for 700 a month  .

I ended up being diagnosed with  drug induced dysautonomia that my therapist now is trying to iron out all the issues with SS but  I doubt anything will happen .

I went to a Neurologist while in tolerance w/d and I had a positive ANA and then diagnosed with Lupus.  I believe it's drug-induced Lupus from the benzo's.

Hi what do you mean by ANA?

ANA is an acronym for, Anti-Nuclear Antibody.  It's a screening test to find out if someone has autoantibodies in their systems.

• 3 weeks later...

Lupus can be caused by many things. Drugs can cause lupus-like symptoms. But you don't know if benzos caused your symptoms.

All,

Benzo damage occurs at the sub-microscopic level as in nanometers (10^-9) and angstroms (10^-10) so there is no test for it . . . yet.

There is an ICD diagnosis code now “F13.232 Sedative, hypnotic, or anxiolytic dependence with withdrawal with perceptual disturbance.”  So hallelujah the medical community acknowledges we exist, but that is not how you get disability.

I was fired from my job in 2015 for excessive absenteeism as my issues got worse.  6 months later, I got an attorney that specialized in disability.  I had good conversation with the department head, and here is what he told me:

It doesn't matter "how" you got disabled, just that you are.  List the top 3 or 4 issues that have you unable to work, have all of the doctors you have already seen for these issues send their notes to your attorney.

He told me 85% of people get denied at their initial application and he was right.  I was.  But after you get denied, your attorney files an appeal, and while you are waiting, continue to see the doctors, and have the doctors send all their notes to your attorney. 

For example, my issues are:

IBS, I cannot except for 1 meal late at night, and I am constantly distracted my my entiore digestive tract.  This was documented by my GI doc and neurologist.

Back pain and core muscle weakness.  I cannot stand for more than a few minutes, no sitr for more than a few hours before I must lay prone.  The was documented by my PCP and neurologist

Panic attacks.  They are not really panic attacks, they are glutamate storms, but I get hysterical often. This was documented by my psychiatrist.

At the time, my mental abilities were hanging in there by starving until night, so I was able to make sure everything was well documented. 

It took a loooooooooooong time before my appeal was seen by a judge.  2 years.  He took one look at the notes, and granted me disability on the spot retroactive to the day I was fired without even needing a hearing.

Hope that helped anyone.

Ramcon1

Ram, it's good you got your disability.  Mine only took about six months from the time my initial application was denied.  For some reason my atty. got me before the judge very soon.

All,

Benzo damage occurs at the sub-microscopic level as in nanometers (10^-9) and angstroms (10^-10) so there is no test for it . . . yet.

There is an ICD diagnosis code now “F13.232 Sedative, hypnotic, or anxiolytic dependence with withdrawal with perceptual disturbance.”  So hallelujah the medical community acknowledges we exist, but that is not how you get disability.

I was fired from my job in 2015 for excessive absenteeism as my issues got worse.  6 months later, I got an attorney that specialized in disability.  I had good conversation with the department head, and here is what he told me:

It doesn't matter "how" you got disabled, just that you are.  List the top 3 or 4 issues that have you unable to work, have all of the doctors you have already seen for these issues send their notes to your attorney.

He told me 85% of people get denied at their initial application and he was right.  I was.  But after you get denied, your attorney files an appeal, and while you are waiting, continue to see the doctors, and have the doctors send all their notes to your attorney. 

For example, my issues are:

IBS, I cannot except for 1 meal late at night, and I am constantly distracted my my entiore digestive tract.  This was documented by my GI doc and neurologist.

Back pain and core muscle weakness.  I cannot stand for more than a few minutes, no sitr for more than a few hours before I must lay prone.  The was documented by my PCP and neurologist

Panic attacks.  They are not really panic attacks, they are glutamate storms, but I get hysterical often. This was documented by my psychiatrist.

At the time, my mental abilities were hanging in there by starving until night, so I was able to make sure everything was well documented. 

It took a loooooooooooong time before my appeal was seen by a judge.  2 years.  He took one look at the notes, and granted me disability on the spot retroactive to the day I was fired without even needing a hearing.

Hope that helped anyone.

Ramcon1

this is good to know even thou I don't live in the US. Thank you Ramcon!