Anyone forced to reinstate because of heart symptoms

[Ac...]

• 2 weeks later...

I remember in my early 30's taking atenolol beta blocker for event associated anxiety that induced heart issues(heart palpitations). I also remember it wasn't easy stopping the med after 3-4 months use...that's a guess on how long I used it by the time I stopped using it.

I did not taper it. If I had, getting off would have been pretty painless.

Are you taking any supplements? I find some can cause heart palps.

Sorry you are struggling so.

If you are having problems with your heart, a doctor might be able to give you non-benzo medication to help control your symptoms.  I know there are at least a handful of people who get a prescription for beta blockers during withdrawal to help control different issues.  When it comes to heart problems, it's always a good idea to be cautious and at least get it checked out. 

[c4...]

I would be one who has taken a beta-blocker (Propranolol) during my taper :-)  It has been hugely helpful and even tho I am nearly two months post-taper, I continue to take it.  That and magnesium have been my two what-would-I-have-done-without-them?? meds.  If I have to stay on the Propranolol, so be it.  Small price to pay.

Kate    :thumbsup:

I would be one who has taken a beta-blocker (Propranolol) during my taper :-)  It has been hugely helpful and even tho I am nearly two months post-taper, I continue to take it.  That and magnesium have been my two what-would-I-have-done-without-them?? meds.  If I have to stay on the Propranolol, so be it.  Small price to pay.

Kate    :thumbsup:

I agree Kate...anything but a benzo drug. Those drugs are very dangerous. I could never get back on them long term. Anything but a one shot deal is long term for me.

If I had concerning heart issues in acute w/d, I would have definitely tried a beta blocker.

I'm glad you are getting relief.