Ativan and progesterone W/D - NEED HELP

[Am...]

hello. I began my taper from Ativan a month ago and the ride had been very rocky. I was on bioidentical hormones and heard that you should not take them during a taper so I discontinued. What followed was horrific. I reinstated the progesterone as it calmed me down but left the estrogen out due to the fact that it revved me up into a bad wave. I know that progesterone is cross tolerant with benzo so I am asking. . Has anyone had this experience while coming off? Will I reach tolerance on progesterone and start withdrawing on both the drugs? I am so nervous and need guidance. Tapering the progesterone is absolutely harder. I took it down a tad and had the most horrific 10 hour wave. Thanks buddies:)

Amlsucks,

I am sorry to hear you are having a rough go.  Tapering benzos is hard enough without other complications. I do not have any experience with progesterone myself.

You might try posting in Other Medications or try putting progesterone, Hormone Therapy or HRT in the search box and see if there are other past posts that may be helpful.

I wish I could be of more help.  Hang in there.

JuJuBi