There’s hope for the future

[6d...]

[6d...]

Hi everyone!!

I found this website late into my WD. Life for the past 15-17 months were by far traumatizing. Through the physical and emotional pain I never thought I would feel like a normal person. My life was put on hold and I didn’t know why. I won’t get into my entire backstory because it would take all day. To sum it up I was put on Valium at 5-10mg every 6 hours for pain after a surgery for nearly 6 months! Never told to taper. Never explained what Valium was. Sooo, last year was a blur. Derealizarion. Depersonalization, suicidal. Scared. I thought my life was OVER! And I didn’t know why. We went into a ton of debt trying to find answers.

I want all of you to know that if you’re struggling with this! It does get better!!! I know some here are religious and some are not! I happen to be and I kept praying for answers and it lead me to find this group. I still pray every night for myself and for everyone else dealing with this.

In the past few weeks I’ve started to wake up a little from a nightmare of brain fog. I’ve started sleeping again. And let me tell you, I haven’t slept in over a year. And lately I’ve been sleeping allllll the time. It’s almost like my body is catching up on the rest I wasn’t able to have.

I’ve been playing with my 9 year old son again. Watching tv that is actually turned up so that he can hear it.

I still have a bit of physical healing to do. Probably a good bit. Still have facial neuralgia and heart issues but I’m dealing with that in a much graceful manner than before because my sense of thinking is back! 

I also started driving again  If someone is with me. HUGE step for me.

But thank you to all of you who share your stories and helped me find my way. Without you I would still be kindling my brain and taking things that would keep me from healing. I’m off all meds except my heart medication as it did cause damage to my heart but I’ve accepted that! I can handle the rest as long as my mind is focused.

Don’t look back. :)  We do heal!

Better: You've definitely had a rough journey. This recovery is a challenge for sure. so glad you are starting to see so many positive changes in your life and enjoy things again. So glad you posted bc encouragement is always needed!

Be well and may your healing continue.

Sorry you went through all that pain, but so nice to read you are slowly on the mend and starting to get your life back together  :thumbsup:

It gives hope to me and others that are still trying to get through this.

Lovely to read and hope you continue to get better  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing your story Betterfuture, you had a tough time, i am so pleased you are doing better.

I wish you continued healing

Magrita :smitten:

Oh BetterFuture, this is such an uplifting post, full of hope ! I could read again and again !! Enjoy your "second" life!

I love hearing how the simple things are bringing you so much pleasure, driving, watching TV, playing with your son!  Never lose your gratitude to be well, we now know what a precious gift it is.  :smitten: