Benzo Abuse and Cold Turkey

[Ic...]

This site has been beneficial in the plethora of information that I have been able to read over the week. However, what is lacking on this site is a steady stream of replies to posts and finding someone(s) who has a similar experience to mine. I abused Ambien, which I believe to have caused all of these symptoms over the last month. But, the reasoning behind the abuse was that a combination of Lamictal and Buspar made me physically ill and after six months of doctors not being able to tell me what was wrong, I found relief in Ambien. I have read a couple of stories on Ambien abuse, but it is always men who weigh over 200 lbs, so I feel that their abuse probably didn't cause as much trouble as mine of taking 100 mg almost daily on a petite 5'0 frame.

I would like buddies who also abused Ambien and quit cold turkey and did not just take it for a sleep aid as prescribed. Although I think it would be better to find females who abused Ambien, I welcome this support group to all including other benzo abuse. My fear of recovering is that I abused the benzo and quit cold turkey. Most everyone on this site took the benzo as prescribed and tapered with help of a doctor.

• 1 year later...

I also have cold turkey off accessing extra " not prescribed" medication I am 5" 3 size 8/10 and was taken in excess of 80mg within days.

14 days cold turkey - am I regretting wanting to shut off the negative feelings- you bet. Is cold turkey difficult - absolutely. No one understands unless they been through it.

I hope you are through it all.

R

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

I initially took valium for severe anxiety. very quickly doses got out of hand and I basically abused them. they where my lifeline for years.

I also came off cold turkey from some pretty high doses. wow what a roller coaster but I can honestly say that at 40 I am now the happiest I have very been. life has colour again.

Andrew