19 months off... Insomnia so bad that I think is time to reinstate

[Lu...]

I was doing great, until a terrible setback ruined my progress last year, then after 11 months I was doing better again, but a new setback (steroids again) send me to cero again, and my body just can’t hold this sleep deprivation anymore ... today a month and a half later, I’m convinced that I can’t go trough this again for 11 months or more again, I need to work, to pay my bills, have no one to help me , I need to sleep at least 4 hours , but I’m stuck in 0 to 2 hours per night and I’m going crazy ... I’m not even sure why I’m writing this, maybe I just need a reason to not reinstate, but I just can’t handle it any more after all this time ..

Please do not reinstate.  Going back on Benzos is like dumping gasoline on a fire that you want to extinguish. 

Look into something else besides a Benzos...maybe CBD oil? 

I normally would not suggest any type of Rx drug, but many people seem to get relief from low dose Seroquel....50mg or less and not every night.

Insomnia was my worst symptom too, so I can relate.  I am sorry it's so bad for you.  Is there any way to avoid the steroids in the future?

Also, this setback might not last 11 months just because the first setback did.

Good luck

I have had the insomnia now close to 2 years and right now its as bad as its ever been. I take a small dose of remeron maybe every other night. I have 15 mg pills and I take 1/8 of one and then some nights i have to take a 1/4 of one.

It usually goes dont sleep first night, get maybe an hour or so the next night and then i take my 1/8 of remeron and i get some sleep then it starts all over again.

I also used to take a very small amount of seroquel, maybe a 1/5 of a 50mg pill or a smaller doese. These dosages usually work to me asleep althought there are some nights I am especially wired and I have to double it.

I hope you get some sleep soon. Good luck.

• 2 months later...
Try Promethazine maybe just once every 3 night or so.  It is just a strong antihistimine it helps for sleep and calming effect.  I am not sure if it is addictive but probably could be???  I take a half a tablet about 2 nights a week to help me sleep.  What else help me some is Valerian root, Melatonin, and L theanine.  Try not to reinstate, God can help you.  Give him time each day, get on fire for God, it is the only way.  We as humans are not meant to live apart from God.