Potential help for sleep

[Aj...]

Thanks for posting. This was a very interesting and well written article by a, obviously well educated in insomnia, doctor.

I just wish he had given some space to the new orexin antagonists, Belsomra and Dayvigo, as these drugs seem to have a " safer" profile.

• 3 months later...

Hi Rupert,

how's it going with the Belsomra for insomnia ?

Have been taking dayvigo for past 2 weeks, with some sleep success, tho don't know

if it's definitely from dayvigo.

I had abrupt stop 8 weeks ago , of 1 mg Ativan, 10 years. Am concerned about what I've

read about dayvigo being similar type of benzo, and damaging to take while having

protracted withdrawal from ativan.

have  been taking 5 mg. Dayvigo, orexin receptor.  didn't work on it's own first 2 nights.

I had past 6  weeks of chronic 1 to 0 hours nightly sleep. and my dr. and I added 100 mg

gabapentin and 25 mg seroquel, which worked well, been getting  6 to 9 hours most nights.

The dayvigo can take about 2 weeks, and the 3 are still working well together, but my goal is to remove

or taper off everything

in order first, of what gives the least benefits and most long or short term bad side effects.

After 2 weeks on the Dayvigo, it might work on it's own.

Would be great to hear any comments or ideas regarding this and Gaba Receptor repair ?

Thanks!

Joray

I know how badly we need sleep trust me I know. But, aren’t u afraid of these drugs becoming redundant and then trying to wean off them too? I tried belsomra twice. Neither night slept, but I was trapped instead with sleep paralysis and hallucinations for hours. It was terrifying. I am really glad this hasn’t happened to you but these are new drugs and are safe? That’s what I was told about z drugs. Please be careful x

I take melatonin at dose of 1.5 mgs in tart cherry juice.  The tart cherry has a natural tryptophan that allows the melatonin to activate.  My nutritional counsellor advised that any amount over 1.5 mgs is too much and actually backfires.