Weird sleep question

[De...]

Is it possible to dream while still awake or does dreaming mean you’re sleeping?

Its odd that you mention that. There are nights that i am not getting any sleep at all but I am having these waking dreams. I dont know if I am falling asleep breifly or its just being deprived of sleep for so long that you just dream anyway.

Good luck to you.

Is it possible to dream while still awake or does dreaming mean you’re sleeping?

Its odd that you mention that. There are nights that i am not getting any sleep at all but I am having these waking dreams. I dont know if I am falling asleep breifly or its just being deprived of sleep for so long that you just dream anyway.

Good luck to you.

Thank you! I think that we are sleeping cause I always tell myself if I don’t fall asleep right away I’ll move to the couch and turn on something relaxing and try sleeping that way and then hours will go by and im laying there dreaming but still feel as if I’m kinda awake. Weird

In benzo wd the sleep stages get all mixed up. Dreaming leaks into different stages that are lighter and don't feel at all like sleep (Stage 1). Another effect can be hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations. These occur on the way into or out of sleep (whether you are aware of having drifted into sleep or not). I still remember hearing arguing outside of my house at night and seeing people pull up and get out of the car. I argued with my husband because he needed to do something. Sometimes I heard whispering as well. It was so real but it went away after a few weeks.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321070#symptoms

In benzo wd the sleep stages get all mixed up. Dreaming leaks into different stages that are lighter and don't feel at all like sleep (Stage 1). Another effect can be hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations. These occur on the way into or out of sleep (whether you are aware of having drifted into sleep or not). I still remember hearing arguing outside of my house at night and seeing people pull up and get out of the car. I argued with my husband because he needed to do something. Sometimes I heard whispering as well. It was so real but it went away after a few weeks.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321070#symptoms

It is so strange the effect that WD and lack of sleep can have on someones mind. I appreciate the post. I didnt know that dreaming can move into different sleep stages.

Good luck to you.

Thank you! I think that we are sleeping cause I always tell myself if I don’t fall asleep right away I’ll move to the couch and turn on something relaxing and try sleeping that way and then hours will go by and im laying there dreaming but still feel as if I’m kinda awake. Weird

Lets hope that we are sleeping and we arent missing as much sleep as we think we are.  :)