We really do heal!

[Ba...]

We really do heal!

Hello all...thought I’d pop in with a positive to help everyone along.

I’ve been reading many people’s stories, predicaments, withdrawals etc over the past 2 years and what I’ve noticed is that it’s very rare people are still suffering in an extreme way after 5 years absence.

Although there are the odd isolated cases, it still seems years 3-4 are not complaining about the withdrawals in an extreme way or feeling like they are in acute stage.

5 years is a long time but what I’m saying is that recovery is almost a sure thing, even the very protracted really do see some sort of improvement at 3 years or less.

I am personally at 13.5 months off of everything, I eat good food and exercise every day, I’m not fully recovered but I am definitely very much better than I was at 4 months off, yes it got worse before it slowly and non linearly got better, but I have gotten so much better.

Hope this helps even just one person today, it will make me feel better still.

Good luck and God bless. We really do heal!

Banana the super Hero! Aka Colin 😜

[63...]

Thank you Bananaman

Your encouragement is appreciated!  Do great things!  Continue your healing, update us you can.  Thank you so much!

B

Thanks so much banana man for your positive update and thinking!

We are on similar schedule, I tapered for 1 yr and jumped in July 2019 too, feeling the worst now but encouraged by your recovery! Love your way of saying ' 57 yr young' I'm 57 too!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
So glad to hear you're improving. I recall the 1st 4 months were the worse for me too after a CT off Klonopin... Then improvement around the 9 month mark and significant improvements around 18 months. I'm 2 years out now and still deal with some things: vision issues, cog-fog, light sensitivity etc.. but continue improving. I think diet is a huge missing link for many protracted sufferers.

• 2 weeks later...

We really do heal!

I’ve been reading many people’s stories, predicaments, withdrawals etc over the past 2 years and what I’ve noticed is that it’s very rare people are still suffering in an extreme way after 5 years absence.

Although there are the odd isolated cases, it still seems years 3-4 are not complaining about the withdrawals in an extreme way or feeling like they are in acute stage.

5 years is a long time but what I’m saying is that recovery is almost a sure thing, even the very protracted really do see some sort of improvement at 3 years or less.

I am personally at 13.5 months off of everything, I eat good food and exercise every day, I’m not fully recovered but I am definitely very much better than I was at 4 months off, yes it got worse before it slowly and non linearly got better, but I have gotten so much better.

also my name is Colin too heh heh  :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi 4mom...

Thank you. I’m still here and still in recovery. I have wrote a 16 month milestone and today I am at 17 months.

It’s good to hear that my posts inspire you continued in your quest for recovery.

We will make it and heal absolutely...together!

Good luck and God bless...Banana Man.

littlewing...

Well thank you too. It’s ever such a battle for us all.

Never ever give up hope!

All my prayers...Banana Man.

Hi Success77...

It’s good to hear that you’re inspired and encouraged by my healing and postings.

Just a little more work to do, smooth off some rough edges and were done.

17 months today, I have written an updated recovery.

Carry on the fight until you win.

Many Thanks...Banana Man...aka...Colin.

Hi neoapostle...

Sorry I haven’t got back to you sooner, I’ve been on a mission. A super heroes work is never done.

Good to see you’re still fighting the fight, this way you will surely win!

Learn from yesterday, live for today and hope for tomorrow.

Thanks Colin...Colin...Banana Man the Super Hero? 🦸‍♂️

Hi jimbabwe...

Thank you for your time and comments.

It’s always nice to have feedback, we all need the strength of each other to pull this overwhelming stunt off.

Good luck and healing on your recovery journey.

Banana Man 🦸‍♂️

Way to go , Collin aka banana man. I'm excited for you. And a little jealous  :laugh: I'll get there soon too. I'm only in my 5 month today!!!! It's beautiful to claw our way out of the withdrawal pit into the light of life. Congrats! Thx for your inspiration  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your post Colin. I appreciate having the fact of your observation, as something to draw reassurance from. It speaks to the sometimes hardest part of this passage - ie the fear that is permanent and without end. I always feel more hopeful on days when I am noticing improvements, however slight, not it's the days where recovery has slid backwards when I want to remember, that it's more than likely that by this time next year I'll be closer to substantial recovery. Cheers, Sarah nz

Thank you Agentic... if it helps here’s a clip copy from my blog "Benzo withdraw from another perspective. My personal views."

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=235536.msg3021647#msg3021647

"I will never get better " YES you will!

"I will feel like this for the rest of my life" NO you won’t!

"My case is different to everyone else’s " NO it’s not!

"I have something seriously wrong with me" NO you don’t!

"I’m just one of them who won’t get better" YES you will!

It will cause you to feel certain that you’re the one who doesn’t make it and you will be totally brainwashed into this way of thinking, it’s really quite disgustingly cleaver how it makes one think and feel like this. But you have to be reassured time after time after time and then some more just to make sure. You will heal absolutely and time is your only sure way and also never ever take a benzo again.

Try reading my posts and links to my blogs and topics, you will find a positive outlook as I’ve always wrote on the positive side of things.

Good luck and God be with you.

Banana Man.

We really do heal!

I needed this post today.  Thank you so much.  I’m 11 months today since cold turkey.  It’s been a whirlwind roller coaster ride.  I’m seeing improvements but today got hit with a massive wave.  Determined to get through it.  One day I will write a secede story,.  One day I’ll be healed,  one day. 

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the comments.

It helps me and I hope it helps you too, if it weren’t for hope, would we get there?

Anyways...just over 21 months off everything and living much like a saint who likes chocolate and banana ice cream.

My mental symptoms have all but gone, just several lingering physical symptoms of which come and go, they also move around my body too, it’s all nerve pain and is getting better, it’s just so so glacially slow, but I’m not in a race!

Hope and patience will carry you through...

So don’t slip up... Banana Man 🍌

Thanks for all the comments.

It helps me and I hope it helps you too, if it weren’t for hope, would we get there?

Anyways...just over 21 months off everything and living much like a saint who likes chocolate and banana ice cream.

My mental symptoms have all but gone, just several lingering physical symptoms of which come and go, they also move around my body too, it’s all nerve pain and is getting better, it’s just so so glacially slow, but I’m not in a race!

Hope and patience will carry you through...

So don’t slip up... Banana Man 🍌

Thanks so much.