Ativan Taper - Water Only?

[ro...]

I've been doing a liquid (plain water) titration of Ativan tablets based on a YouTube video I had seen in which the woman did the same. She didn't say which medication she had been using, however. I recently joined this community and now I'm reading things about milk, vodka, and the like. Plain water seems to be working, because when I stir it up well, the particles seem evenly distributed. Does anyone know from experience if Ativan requires an additional element to be added to the water for an accurate dose? I've found posts about benzos binding to fat in milk, but can't find the reason vodka is used. Thanks for any help.

I based my ativan taper off the same video. Ativan does not dissolve in water, so you are essentially creating a suspensio  and not a dissolved solution. Some other liquids may provide better solubility or hold the suspension longer, but for me water worked fine. I was always careful to stir/shake the water to disperse the ativan as evenly as possible and then make my draw with a syringe. I would then shake it again before dividing into my seperate containers. I did it pretty much just like the lady in the video. Im 20 months off. It made my taper much, much smoother. Good luck!

Fp

I've been doing a liquid (plain water) titration of Ativan tablets based on a YouTube video I had seen in which the woman did the same. She didn't say which medication she had been using, however. I recently joined this community and now I'm reading things about milk, vodka, and the like. Plain water seems to be working, because when I stir it up well, the particles seem evenly distributed. Does anyone know from experience if Ativan requires an additional element to be added to the water for an accurate dose? I've found posts about benzos binding to fat in milk, but can't find the reason vodka is used. Thanks for any help.

If it's working, stick with it. On you go. :)