How long for half a 2mg Diazepam to dissolve in milk?

[My...]

My wife was going to move to liquid taper today but we are putting it off till tomorrow due to a bad day. We were going to dissolve a 2mg tablet in 20ml and take out 6.5mls for a .65mg dose. However, we will take things slowly.

One small issue, you can't see that the tablet has dissolved in the milk. She is terrified she might accidently updose too much (we are going for .65mg), so she wants to break a tablet in half and dissolve that in 10ml of milk.  Should that dissolve by itself? Does everyone crush? Stir vigorously? Or is this another one of those things were everyone does it there own way?  ;)

I imagine we can expect to still see tablet filler on the sides etc also right? But the actual benzo will be dispersed throughout the milk?

Sorry for all the questions. And we have looked at loads of videos etc, but it is never exactly the same. Change is hard for my wife, the w/d makes the OCD stronger. Thank goodness for this forum. You are all saviours. Even though everyone is different and nothing is certain.

[4f...]

If it was me, I'd crush the pill, add the milk and stick it in a bath sonicator for 15 minutes (doesn't everybody have a bath sonicator sitting at home??).

Lacking a sonicator, I'd still crush the pill, add the 'whole' milk, and then mix occasionally for at least 10-15 minutes.

The filler may or may not go into solution depending on what is used.  The drug should be dispersed.  It's supposed to interact with the fat in the whole milk to help it go into solution.

I wish we had a more unified front to offer.  You're correct that there's a lot of conflicting info out there.  There isn't one strategy that seems to work for everybody.  All we can do is to offer what worked for us or what we've heard of that has or has not worked for somebody else.

I wish we had a more unified front to offer.  You're correct that there's a lot of conflicting info out there.  There isn't one strategy that seems to work for everybody.  All we can do is to offer what worked for us or what we've heard of that has or has not worked for somebody else.

Thanks badsocref, I understand the way things are. I'm very grateful for all this forum and its members offer. I hope I didn't come across as ungrateful, far from it. It's probably good to recognise that there are no easy answers, and I hope ok to give a little moan about that sometimes as well.

We tried titration on Sunday night (it's Tuesday), we dissolved 1mg tablet in 20mls and took the equivalent of .6mg. It didn't go well. My wife (let's call her Jill, so I don't keep saying 'my wife'!), felt the way she felt when she used to take 1mg. That is, waking up like she was all clenched all over, teeth and muscles. She didn't sleep well and the next day felt a deep sadness that she associates with large doses. She felt like she'd taken more than normal basically. It put her off and so Monday and Tuesday she broke multiple 2mg tablets into quarters and took the larger of the quarters, with a theory of working from high to low. We tried to use the 0.00mg scales and our eyes.

But today her brain is doing what she calls scraping, and like she has multiple voices in her head telling her to do things and not do things. Not in a dangerous type way, but in a 'you should be doing x,y,z' and 'you shouldn't be doing x,y,z' that is causing her distress. She feels worse than before and is thinking of giving titration another go. I'm leaving the decision up to her, but I'm an advocate for titration because I feel it could have more consistency than dry splitting. Her head is spinning and overwhelmed with simple things like cooking or anything at all. She feels her head might burst. She occasionally thinks she should just jump altogether. She's scared because of her headache and thinks that may be a sign of something more serious.

I'm just putting this out there. If anyone has any words of encouragement for her I think they might help. I understand everyone is very busy offering words of encouragement!

Thank you.