Complete Freedom

[Fo...]

Today I woke up for the first time in over a decade drug free. I discontinued the seroquel and completed my taper out at 25mg. I'm 4.5 months Xanax free and fired the shrink that gave me seroquel. No one else gets to control me ever again. Never give away your control. I can't emphasize that enough. I found something amazing and absolutely must share. I struggle still with the unpleasant remnants at times. These are now ghosts I have taught myself to both recognize and subdue. I can silence the obsession and fixation. I went for a walk and found my long lost brain. I used to think this all corny, but I was so wrong. I started with a 2 mile walk with my little girl and 3 days later I found myself doing 5 miles a day. I fixed the bouncing off the walls,  center of gravity offset with the first 50 miles of this activity. The sunshine embraced me and melted the negative right out of my mind. The first time I pushed myself strenuously the release that followed brought me to tears. The automated body automated my brain and brought me cognition and a revelation. Do not think, only react. That phrase would have helped me so much earlier. It's saving me from myself. Time is all we have to do. I couldn't stand the concept of acceptance. Not because I couldn't face the demon, but because I could no longer accept that I couldn't defeat him. I refused to bow. We all need strength to get through this journey. I hope this reaches people and shares some of the positive things we can do. Break your prison and find your power. I challenge all of you to do this. I can't thank all of you enough for the support. This place saved me earlier on and continues to. I hope this is my last post on account of the milestone it would reflect. I am back behind the wheel again now. Gaining strength and clarity each day on the road to wellness. I wish you all the best of luck!

I love what you said about walking. I started thinking about Forrest Gump and how he ran accross America and people started following him and the news was photographing him and then he ran back again didn't he??? That was really something. I guess you found out his reasoning, huh? I can believe it!!!! Good for you. Sometimes the answers are so very simple and tring to explain the meaning of life is just a bunch of unfathomable crap. LOL.