Klonopin to valium question

[fi...]

I was on 3 mg Klonopin for 12 years. Went to psych ward and was given phenobarbital. Got home and got a prescription of phenobarbital.  Tapered for 3 weeks then tried going off. That failed so i went back on klonopin and tapered to 1 mg. Went psych ward again and was given Ativan 1 mg daily for a week. Got home 3 days ago and I'm on .25 mg Klonopin 2x/day. Yesterday was too hard so I took .25 three times. I have a doctor's appointment in a few hours and my doctor would probably prescribe me valium but she doesn't know anything about tapering. The .25 mg cuts are too large at this point. I don't seem to have a lot of trouble switching back and forth between benzos. I know it's not ideal but it's what you get from rural healthcare that knows nothing about benzos withdrawal. Can I just switch straight to.    20 mg valium/day? My appointment is in an hour hoping to get some guidance

Guess I'm too late to advise you, sorry about that, how did it go?  I just wanted to say that Valium is quite a different experience for most but if you can tolerate it its a good way to go. 

Let us know what you ended up doing and we'll sort this out, it looks like your cuts have been too large and too fast so let us help you slow this down whatever drug you end up taking.