Why dissolve your benzo in 20ml of liquid rather than 100ml or more?

[My...]

The Benzodiazepine Liquid Daily Taper Plan (http://benzo.alwaysdata.net) recommends dissolving one 2mg diazepam tablet in 20ml of liquid, in order to get a concentration of 0.1mg/ml. 

My wife is on 0.6 mg, so we would take 6ml, but I wonder why that is better than say using 100ml of water to give a concentration of 0.02. So math says 30ml would be the right amount to take out and consume.

Maybe I'm answering my own question now I type it. Is it because 6ml is actually easier to measure than 30ml because 30ml requires pouring from container to container etc? So easier to have a 20ml solution and suck up 6ml in a syringe and your done?

I presume if I'm using milk I add that 6ml of milk to more milk to make it drinkable, or does the person just pop the syringe in their mouth?

I hope this helps!  :(

I made my solutions very dilute, but I was tapering xanax. I started at 0.01 mg/mL (5 mg in 500 mL) for 5 days worth of doses.

My daily doses would start at 100 mL a day, measured with a 50 mL graduated cylinder, and reducing 1 or 2 mL a day. I never rinsed anything. Eventually the cuts would become too much, and I would make my solution more dilute and go back to 100 mL a day. At the end I was using 0.5 mg in 500 mL, or 0.001 mg/mL.

I measured everything with graduated cylinders I bought off amazon. I would then pour the whole day's dose into a plastic bottle that I carried with me to work, and that was marked (not precisely) so that I knew how much to drink for each dose during the day.

It doesn't need to be precise or exact.

I made my solutions very dilute, but I was tapering xanax. I started at 0.01 mg/mL (5 mg in 500 mL) for 5 days worth of doses.

It doesn't need to be precise or exact.

Thanks for that information, it’s appreciated and very useful to know others have used very dilute solutions. We seem to be very sensitive to minute changes, or at least we suspect that.  My wife is very sensitive to most things, so we think maybe the small dose differences in the dry taper are contributing to some of the withdrawal side effects. We could be wrong, perhaps that’s just the way it’s going to be, but I hope not.