Schedule for Tapering off ativan pill form

[ho...]

I know alto of people have liquid forms but how do I safely taper off the pill form.

I have been on 2mg of ativan for over 8 years.

Does anyone have a schedule I can get on on pill form? This is the beginning of my journey.

I know alto of people have liquid forms but how do I safely taper off the pill form.

I have been on 2mg of ativan for over 5 years.

Does anyone have a schedule I can get on on pill form? This is the beginning of my journey.

You can convert your pill into liquid form if you want. I've been doing it for 5 years and it's super flexible. It allows you to make macro cuts, really small cuts, hold, etc. Very user friendly. If you prefer doing your taper via dry pill cutting, then Bob7 on Benzo Buddies is a tremendous help. You can do a search for his name and get in touch with him. Either way, great people here to help. Also, you may want to add a signature to your profile so people can get a good idea of your situation when responding. You'll be ok! Just get your facts, decide what you want to do, then take things really slowly until you hit your stride.

Take care!

How can you convert it to liquid form? I asked my Dr and she said they don't have a liquid form of ativan 🤷🏻‍♀️😕

Tapering is a very individual process, some feel more comfortable dry cutting their pills, others find liquid or dry titration to work the best for them.  As Ultra2007 said, do your best to educate yourself on the process then decide what you'd like to do.  Oftentimes members will need to change course because the method they've selected isn't working for them but this is all part of the process, we need to adapt to our circumstances.

I see there is a liquid version of Lorazepam.  https://www.drugs.com/ppa/lorazepam.html

You can also ask your Dr to give you a prescription to take to a compounding pharmacy or you can check out our Titration FAQ's to better understand what Ultra2007 is referring to.

These are a couple of videos that may help you as well.

Bob7 Benzo Dry Taper Method 

I know I am all over the place but I am totally new to this website and entire process. But I wanted to ask is it a bad idea to try and taper of ambien and ativan at the same time? Trying to figure out what's the best and easiest on my overall health.

Bad idea to taper two medications at the same time, my suggestion would be to tackle the Ativan first then when you've recovered from that, taper the Ambien.  Others may have a different idea about which drug to taper first, but I doubt anyone will advise you to taper two drugs at once. 

How can you convert it to liquid form? I asked my Dr and she said they don't have a liquid form of ativan 🤷🏻‍♀️😕

I just went with what I know and learned in the beginning. I take my 1mg tablet and place it in about 2.5mL of vodka, let it dissolve for 10 minutes and shake it a bit several times during that time, then I add enough water to give a 100mL solution. I taper from there. The process has been really simple, so I just stuck with it. I did a gradual crossover from pill form to liquid (I dose 3x/day), and it worked fine. My biggest issue was just learning to chill during the process rather than freaking out and dealing with "what ifs". Just do your homework, see what resonates with you, then begin the journey. Make it a part of your life but not ALL of your life and you'll be fine. Cheers!