Jumped today

[To...]

This was the first day in 6 1/2 years with no benzo. I tapered for about a year and a half and I'm very excited to get that part of the process over with. I am not taking any medication at all now, which feels good. At the end of day one being benzo free I feel no different than the last few weeks of the taper.

Today my thoughts have mostly revolved around being pleased that the taper is over, and wondering what type of acute phase awaits. I've been keeping busy with simple distractions as that seems to help me. Big thanks for the help I received here in getting this far -

Tom

[50...]

Congratulations Tom on being benzo-free!  I felt a little vulnerable initially when I finished but that feeling has dissipated.  Mostly, the upshot I got from finally being off benzos was amazing.

I am one month off now and I've not had an acute phase so I'll hope the same for you.  I had withdrawl symptoms early in my taper but they resolved about halfway through.

Best, and way to go,

Kate    :thumbsup:

congrats!!!! getting past the taper is a big phase. remember Hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of things.....

J