New propanalol prescription

[Ac...]

Anyone using a beta blocker right now? Did it help your akithisia, palps, chest pain,anxiety? I’m pacing most of the day and my chest feels like complete s****. Everything els Iv tried has blew up in my face and I’m pretty sensitive so I’m psyching my self out to even try it.

I am new to tapering and had a mishap with the pharmacy where instead of going down, I went up. So this has been an ordeal to say the least. I wake up some mornings with heart palpitations and my heart rate up. I have a script for propranolol due to having Graves Disease which causes a racing heart. I had a thyroidectomy, so don't have to deal with it. But I was on meds to help cope with my Graves symptoms .

I say all that to say this, if I wake up with my heart racing, I take 5mg of propranolol. My surgeon had me take it prior to surgery to make sure my heart rate was lower. It is used to help with graves due to accelerated heart rate. It helps with anxiety with Graves, too.

I don't like the feeling of my heart racing. So I take as needed. Right now it has only been in the morning. That is my experience.

Good luck to you.

Hi AU,

If you do a search of propranolol you'll find a lot of posts about it.  A lot of people have found it helped, including me.  I took it as needed for palpitations and adrenaline surges.  It really relieved this symptoms.  However, I was careful to only take when I needed it because some people have reported having trouble tapering off it.  I'm 9 months post jump now and haven't taken propranolol in a few months.  Those symptoms faded.

If you don't like the way it makes you feel you can talk to your doc about a lower dose.

Take care,

Brighterday

I think if im ever going to try it again I need a very very small dose. I tried 10mg today and while it did help some with the akathisia and feeling in my chest. It just made me feel awful in a different way. Very weak, nausea, shortness of breath is back, heart rate going low, uneasiness, Yuk. Idk what I was expecting, I guess it went as well as I can hope. I already knew It wouldn’t be a Miracle. I feel like crying because idk why I even went to all the trouble, I already know there is nothing that is gonna make this bearable. Thank you for all your advice it really helped.