6 month wave?

[dr...]

So on the 21st of June, that day was my 6th month of being off xanax. What a roller coaster that month was. Massive wave from the 15th to about now. Is this truly a thing? Why 6 months do people get smacked with it? It's very bizarre to me how half a year off they get punished hard for it. Also i'm starting to brainstorm on how every symptom of adrenal fatigue falls in line with benzo withdrawal. Could it be possible that benzos mess up our adrenal glands and that's the root to all of this? I only say this because not only do i have all the symptoms associated with it but the one that sticks out is hard cravings for sugar and salt. I have never in my life been so crave deprived for those 2 food compounds. Why does it feel like my mental status is declining the LONGER i get off these. Every single day i feel like i'm falling into a downward spiral that's getting worse. All mental symptoms. How can this be possibly a step forward? Isn't progress the opposite of this? Can someone who is completely healed explain how this is a thing.

I know what you mean after i ct klonopin after two months i went into acute which lasted 3 months ithought to myself after acute stage everything will Seattle boy was i worng the pain was unbearable physically and mentally worst then acute stage had no choice reinstated to Diazepam with no regrets i know things will take a long time to return to normal i mean year's and iam not so sure that i will ever heal from klonopin it has damaged my pelvic floor muscles so bad i really don't know anymore

Dreamer: you're ahead of me as I'm in my 5th month, but I can def relate to some things...like last month I felt like I could not get enough salt!

I was obsessed with snacking on salty plantain chips! I have never been a salt kind of person.

At the end of month two I had this nice lull in symptoms and things felt kind of manageable  -but then it changed. some pretty intense physical symptoms came. When my waves hit with the psychological/emotional its much like a truck slamming me.

Anyone else reading this don't get freaked out. Yesterday i had quite a nice window - really!

Seriously picture a rollercoaster ride. Very few "high" peaks but the dips are massive and can feel plunging. But then near the end of the ride (journey) there is less intense dips and things "even out". and then you sit there saying to yourself - "oh geez I survived!".

so healing is uncomfortable  ;)

Many other physical injuries have healing symptoms like itching, tingling, ache and burning at the site damage. This is no different except its on a grander scale since gaba receptors are everywhere!! :smitten:

Waves are possible at any time.  I had a month long insomnia wave at 18 months off that produced 4 zero nights and about 20 1-4 hour nights and that was after sleeping 6-8 hours pretty much every night for about 6 months.

It's weird. My sleep is actually very good outside of the extremely vivid dreams where i remember them always when i wake up. It's just my jaw pain and severe brain fog where i can't think. Those are my only 2 culprits that are making me depressed.

Congratulations on hitting 6 months, I just hit 5 today!

I had about 11 bad days last month.  I was pretty low on some of those days, but still better than in the early days.

Do not despair, you are healing.  6 months is a great accomplishment.