Alcohol in foods

[am...]

Hi, I just ate an apple that had a little alcohol taste to it and now I'm afraid it will set me back a little.. Do such small amounts of alcohol have any impact on the gaba receptors?

Apples don't have alcohol in them.  You should worry about eating apples, they are very good for your overall health.

pianogirl

Thank you for your response, pianogirl. Well there can be if the fruit is ripe/overripe. The yeasts can ferment the sugars of the fruit and produce alcohol.

Thank you for your response, pianogirl. Well there can be if the fruit is ripe/overripe. The yeasts can ferment the sugars of the fruit and produce alcohol.

Honestly, this should not be something you need to worry about.  I ate a lot of fruit during my taper and recovery in an effort to eat cleanly. 

Unless your apple was a mushy pile of fermented goo= I think you are getting a bit overly anxious.  Not many people are going to pick up a fermented apple and manage to eat it.  Animals do it fairly often and exhibit signs of intoxication but those are some seriously fermented fruits!  It is much more likely that your apple was in the same container as a bad apple and took on some odor/taste that absolutely will not mess your system up.  This is why they have the whole “one bad apple” saying = They quickly take on the icky odor/flavor of a nearby nasty one.  It doesnt hurt you, it just makes for an unsalable product.  Maybe just don’t eat the rest of it if it doesn’t taste right?

• 3 weeks later...