Klonopin taper advice needed

[po...]

Hi,

I was started tapering K from 2 to 1.875 approx.

I had to reinstate to 2 mg. I became anxious and agressive as i could not rest or focus to things. I had like hyper sensitivity literally at night i just couldnt ignore any voice every car passig  by was making me anxious.

I need a taper plan from 4x 0.5mg. I am already in a bad state now, every dose just hits me too hard, then it settles after about 2 hours later. Then it starts agian as i take my next dose. I think its interdose wd? I cant make any special preparations as I have to much mental fog and fear, even i  am afraid to drive now or go to a grocery shop. For now it feels impossible to make the taper. As i want it to be smooth and live with the life normally. I was stubborn and i didnt wanted to take any additional medication. If i go out i always carry a pill just for in case. Is this depression? Should i ask for some additional medication for this? What is the most safe and non addiction thing that could help?  Before Like 1-2 years ago  i was not having any fears like this and was on same dose. What can you suggest my psychiatrist is helpful she does agree with what i want. But she does it a little to harsh if i dont tell exactly what i want. Last thing she advised was to dont take my night dose  and take 50mg trazodone.

I did try it for 1 day, i had extreme vivid dreams and everything felt unreal. so i went back to original 4x0.5 k and nothing else. Can you suggest something?..

[3b...]
If a 6% cut wasn't tolerable, perhaps a micro-taper approach would work better.  But before you do that, I think you work with your p-doc to develop some coping strategies to help you prepare for the symptoms you're likely to confront when you begin your taper.  Perhaps a useful first step would be for you to have enough confidence to be able to go out without that extra pill with you.

Yeah gone see a psychologist on Wednesday . And I think I will try to get a deal in my job that I want to go on a long time leave .

I love my job , even I have opportunity to work from home . But my performance is degraded so much and it is really sensitive work , mind fog and things like that dont go well with it .

I bought a scale in the meantime , Will try to manage something , I will try to micro taper from every 4 dose to somehow keep levels even , maybe some guide for this ?

Badsocref , is it normal that i feel worse a bit when i take my pill ? My anxiety is 85 % coming from being on benzo and unable to taper .

I feel trouble with breathing and and abdominal pain , also it differs a bit  from every batch , some makes me freqvent urination .

Literally I was not belieaving myself so 1 opened up 2 bottles , once i took from first then from the second and symptons a bit different .

Is it like extreme sensitivity I could have developed ? Now I pick up my meds from same place and this even happens with a same batch . Usually after 2-3 hours the symptons go away , but it makes no sense the pill should give me relief not more anxiety . Normally which i can understand and makes perfect sense when I wake up i have some slight nerve shaking , this is the longest time without benzo so it makes sense , but the other thing with the daily doses completly not .

So i assume, I put the pill to the scale measure the actual mg of a pill, and i shave off some with a razor, how much should I try?

Uhhmm, i think i got it I measure 4 pills hope they will be same weight,  in this case the weight of 4 pill will be 100% so then i calculate 1-2% reduction and shave it off from the pills evenly. Correct?

[3b...]

If the minor variation between pills is giving you issues, I wouldn't reduce by more than 1%.

Again - I think it's really important to talk with your p-doc about developing non-drug approaches to dealing with anxiety and the other symptoms that are likely to pop up.  It's more difficult to develop those skills when you're in the midst of major withdrawal symptoms.

If your p-doc feels unable to provide that kind of support, find a therapist who can.

One more thing i want to add. The initial taper was only rough estimation and was only cut from the night dose the worst thing i could have done i guess. and it could been even 10-12%. it was just random cut by eye.

------------------------

Now i want to go more professional :

1 x 0.5 mg K pill = 0.153 g (sometimes 0.151)

I want to try reduce every pill to 0.150g which is cca 2%.

So from the 4 dose it would be 8-9% maximum.

Am I correct, please confirm the math here, thank you.

Hi, I just wanted to share this link with you if you haven't seen it yet: https://benzodrytapermath.com/

Forum member Bob7 used a scale to dry taper from Klonopin. He has a progress log here: http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=201227.0

Don't beat yourself up for cutting your night dose, this is all trial and error and finding out what works for you. Good luck!

I've seen that, but i dont want to use any filler just dry cut the pill to exact gram, I just wanted to double check with someone if I did the math correctly on my example above  someone please confirm  ::)

If you take 4 pills each weighing 0.150g your dose will be 1.96mg. Assuming a 0.5mg pill weighs 0.153g as you said.

Please someone else check the math though!

[3b...]
If you take 0.150 g x 4 pills, it's a 2% reduction compared with 0.153 g x 4 pills.  Total pill weight is 0.600.  Original total was 0.612.  0.600 div 0.612 = 0.980 (= 2% reduction).

Hey there thanks for confirmation,

badsocref,

I took your advice, seen a psycho terapist only first time yet so nothing meaningful.

Still havent started my taper yet, but i am already in tolerance,  I have all fear and every sympton. Really afraid to start a taper, becouse if i will get worse  I wont be able to countinou it.  And I also need to see some doctors and stuff like so. If things will go bad nobody will  be able to provide support for me.  I will probably end up in ER,  then there will be a rapid detox for sure. Guys are you sure I should not check  in to a clinic while i am still in control. I live in europe this is paid by medical insurance.  Please let me know I dont want to f*ck up my life.

[3b...]

In all my time here, I've only heard of one positive detox clinic experience (and scores of bad ones).  So it's very hard for me to recommend that path.

Give the therapy a little time.  It takes a few visits to build a relationship and start working on things.  If you develop good coping skills, you won't be as likely to head to the ER if things get difficult.

My next appointment is on tuesday to the terapist . I will try to get some skills .

But I feel like If I take this even longer my body will damage more .

Also If there will be another border lockdown my klonopin supply will be over . I fear to switch to Valium , as my body is used to this thing . I have so little motivation , and much fear . And even longer I stay on this I have more fear for my health .

If i do really slow cuts  , my body will get used to it and it wont be worse ? Will it develop as a new standard ?

I really think this dose is too much for me but obviously in tolerance . I was perfectly fine on 1,2 mg , then I had to updose becouse I didnt know as drops were out and tablets were only 0,5 .

Guys you are my only hope , nobody understands this .

Last time I did the 8-9 % taper , but only from my night dose this was a mistake . I was very agressive from that and out of control .

If I do the slow 2-4 % taper from all of my doses accordingly so the total will be max 2-4 % percent. It should not be a such a huge stress to my body right ?

Am i good with the numbers here :

Start  4 x 0,5 mg    morning: 8:00 , luch : 13:00 , before night : 18:00 , night : 23 :00

0,612  overall gram  4  tablets .

0,600 / 0,612  = 0,98  2% reduction (one pill  0,150 g)

0,580 / 0,612 = 0,94    6% reduction (one pill  0,145 g)

0,560 / 0,612 = 0,91    9% reduction (one pill  0,14  g )

0,540 / 0,612 = 0,88  12% reduction (one pill  0,135 g )

0,520 / 0,612 = 0,84  16% reduction (one pill  0,13 g  )

0,500 / 0,612 = 0,81  19% reduction (one pill  0,125g)

PLease confirm .

[3b...]

My next appointment is on tuesday to the terapist . I will try to get some skills .

But I feel like If I take this even longer my body will damage more .

Also If there will be another border lockdown my klonopin supply will be over . I fear to switch to Valium , as my body is used to this thing . I have so little motivation , and much fear . And even longer I stay on this I have more fear for my health .

If i do really slow cuts  , my body will get used to it and it wont be worse ? Will it develop as a new standard ?

I really think this dose is too much for me but obviously in tolerance . I was perfectly fine on 1,2 mg , then I had to updose becouse I didnt know as drops were out and tablets were only 0,5 .

Guys you are my only hope , nobody understands this .

Last time I did the 8-9 % taper , but only from my night dose this was a mistake . I was very agressive from that and out of control .

If I do the slow 2-4 % taper from all of my doses accordingly so the total will be max 2-4 % percent. It should not be a such a huge stress to my body right ?

Therapy takes time and effort and a willingness to look at things differently.  That's why so many people opt for the pill instead.  It probably took me 3-4 visits before I saw any benefit and six months before anything significant happened.  But when I finally had a breakthrough, it was a big one.

Your math seems correct, but you might want to do smaller cuts until you see how things are going.  Slow and steady!

Small cuts will help to minimize the withdrawal symptoms, but you'll probably still have some.  Most people feel they're worse for a few days after a cut, then get a little better (but probably not completely better).  When you feel good 'enough', then cut again. 

Just to add a note here, I have no mental struggles or so I would be ok, I have good financial background, no depts or so  nothing that would bother me mentally. I only  have physical pain, which i havent had before. Every time i took my pill i dont feel a relief or so, I feel dizzy hard to breath sometimes, and thinks like this, high BP,  head preassure.

I had 160/90 Bp doing nothing and rly frequent  urination, i drink tons of water and my mouth gets dry all the time, i must carry a bottle of water anywhere i go. So its not the case that i fear to go out becouse of people or so, I fear soemthing wrong with my health. Last hope I am going to try the  liquid K with the same dose i am on. Gona monitor  myself for one day.  Hope it will be better. I started to get this worse when few months ago i switched to 0.5mg pill which are orange and not white as the 2 mg s i had before. My last hope is I am allergic to some of the filler in the orange tablets. before i was cutting the 2 mg pills i was feeling super i switched to 0.5 mg pills to better taper i was determined. Then its just got worse on the same dose, i thought need some time to adjust but this is scary now.

If this wont help i have no idea. I will seek for medical help becouse this is insane. I literally dont do nothing just being at home, this cant be normal. I even have sometimes bleeding gums most probably becouse of the blood pressure. stomach in knots. And i dont feel that updose would help.  Benzo allergy is existing?

will try the oral liquid solution for today if it makes any improvements .. the manual states 1 drop equals to 0.1mg so 5 drops is 0.5 mg as the pill . Will see if it makes any improvements . But even of it will be better overall would make the taper harder.  i tried to swap the night dose and the morning dose , for now it seems to be a bit better . Maybe just placebo but my gp told me i had some allergen levels elevated in my blood which can relate to some food allergy . I have no idea if some substances as it binds to benzo makes it harder to metabolize , I can only tell when i switched manafacturer last time for the pills , one was harder much sturdy it was literally hard to break ,. That pill made me much worse side effects , so i hope the smooth  liquid could play better with me .

its reaaly hard that these shitty benzos make you feel sick , and i get mad with my loved ones , when i have a bad episode . i am rly kind person but this benzos so much ruining my life  , i wish i know in the begining what was it , i would  never took it .