MORNING DREAD...

[Be...]

My morning anxiety was gone but has just ticked up again lately. Horrible x

Sorry you’re having a recurrence, Shayna!

I noticed I haven’t posted on here since last September.....I have definitely had an increase of morning dread.  A lot of muscle pain especially lower back and legs and the shakes, weakness and nausea.  I used to have a few breaks here and there but it’s pretty much every morning now.  Trying to keep a positive attitude that the tide will change soon!  :)

Some of my back pain during the rest of the day had eased up so hopefully mornings will ease up too.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Bl...]

• [Ul...]

• [Sh...]

[65...]

Oh my gosh - I had no idea there was a group for this. Why isn't everyone on here?!?! Mornings are the worst! I start out with these weird nerve tingles up and down my body, sometimes scalp. Then little adrenaline surges until I get up, and my face and ears burn for several hours. Why?!?!

On a good note, it used to be 10,000 times worse, so I'm getting there...

I wish I could just skip to 11am coz that’s when it ends for me. Always feel fine after that most days x

Mornings can really be challenging in withdrawal.Things I used to take for granted like waking up feeling good in the morning.

I was setback I don't know by what.I guess it was the intense exercise.

Mornings again feel like practice.Mind you I am a year and few months off.

• 4 weeks later...
Mornings are the worst. I can barely function at all until at least 9. and often later. I did not realize how common this was. Do you find anything helps? I have to pretty much stay in bed until it resolves. Then i get waves on and off the rest of the day. I tis frusrtating becasue I feel like I get relief and then get hit with another nasty bout of intense waves.

• 2 weeks later...

Mornings can be horrible!  As I reach the end of my taper it doesn’t happen as often.  I always feel better if I get up and have a cup of cocoa!

[65...]

Mornings are the worst. I can barely function at all until at least 9. and often later. I did not realize how common this was. Do you find anything helps? I have to pretty much stay in bed until it resolves. Then i get waves on and off the rest of the day. I tis frusrtating becasue I feel like I get relief and then get hit with another nasty bout of intense waves.

You should update your signature so we know your history.

Mornings are the absolute worst. Jelly legs, head pressure, brain burning, nausea, horrible! Waxes and wanes till 9pm!!!

Why do many of us feel so unwell when we wake up?

How far off are you?

Jumped in fall of 2012.  8.5 years or so.  I'm screwed. 

I have morning dread also.  By the end of the day I feel less anxious and depressed and hope that morning will also be ok but….I wake up usually around 4 or 5 am in a panic.  It sucks.  It takes me a while to feel better.  I’ve been forcing myself to get out of bed at 7:30 and then I force myself to go for a walk.  I come home and make a smoothie with lots of good fruits and spinach.  I add chia and protein powder also.  This seems to help.  I’m still taking .25 of Xanax at bedtime after a CT of six month use of 1 mg clonazepam every other night or so.  I want to start tapering the Xanax but I’m so scared….

Why do many of us feel so unwell when we wake up?

How far off are you?

Jumped in fall of 2012.  8.5 years or so.  I'm screwed.

Hope you get better soon.Which symptoms do you have currently.

• 4 months later...

Bump…..my morning dread started right after my shift/setback beginning of October. I’m 17. I count the 20th of each month as another month). Before this setback, I didn’t have dread. I do recall having it very mildly during acute for a short time. I see nobody has posted here since June. I know I’m not the only one suffering from this. Some mornings are worse than others. Mine seems to start as a night wave then carry over into the mornings. Does anyone have this or is theirs only in the morning? Did anyone else have a late start of their morning dread?

I thought it was only occurring during the earlier months or during tapering.

I wake up shaky, vibrating feeling, very cold even when it’s warm in here, head pressure, muscle cramps including belly tightness, loose stools, flu like feeling and boatiness increases. All of this causes me to feel like I want to cry because it’s such terrible feeling. I guess I just didn’t know it could occur so late in my recovery.