• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Bl...]

• [Ul...]

• [Sh...]

Glad to find this thread!

I too have horrible mornings mostly. Every so often I wake up with no nausea, shakes or clammy sweats and I make sure I relish them . I try to remember that I DO have some not so bad mornings.  It’s just weird that they have no pattern. 

I do believe that when we finish tapering and as our brain heals it WILL improve.

For me a warm shower helps.  :)

I too have horrible mornings mostly. Every so often I wake up with no nausea, shakes or clammy sweats and I make sure I relish them . I try to remember that I DO have some not so bad mornings.  It’s just weird that they have no pattern. 

I do believe that when we finish tapering and as our brain heals it WILL improve.

Yea sure.

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Used to love my mornings with coffee and newspaper, always happy to face the day.  Now most mornings start off with some type of head pain which does not make me feel sunshiney at all :tickedoff:

Definitely experiencing early morning anxiety today

I'm with ya. I have it every single day and have had it that way for all 5 years of my taper. It hits me really hard about 4am and lasts at least up until 11am or noon, depending on work stress. I'll give you a call some morning around 4am so we can talk :) . Anyway, my best to you. I hope you can find a way to release your anxious times in the morning. Next!

5 years! Ultra that’s tough. It’s the worst feeling yes that’s around how long I have it most mornings too. Then I feel better most mornings and nights. God awful drugs. Yes ever feel like a chat at 4 am I’m  always up :( pray for the day I wake up after 4 feeling normal then I’ll probably get anxious that it’s a fluke and then next morning I’ll feel like crap again!

Mornings are glorious. Mornings are becoming my friend.I wake up feeling so positive ever since I started my prozac taper.No low mood and fear.It now checks in a bit close to mid day.

After a couple of weeks of waking up feeling less anxious and with minimal nausea, have awakened the past couple of mornings with the good old headaches and some shakiness!    But, have been sleeping 8 to 9 refreshing hours, so that is a positive.  I am curious as to a previous post stating that Tylenol was an opioid???  Regular Tylenol is an acetaminophen and is relatively safe for pain relief.  Tylenol with codeine is a narcotic and can only be given with a prescription.  As an aside and on a slightly different note, on one of my postings in a different forum, a buddy stated that the majority of people recover within an 18 to 24 month timeframe.  The majority classification spooked me a little as I had been led to believe that the majority recover within a 6 to 18 month timeframe, and 18 months plus is considered protracted?????  I know it is almost impossible to determine exact time frames, but just thought that since we are in the 6 month plus group, I could get some clarification from those in this forum :stretcher: :stretcher:  Thanks and full speed ahead to a wonderful and forever recovery :smitten:

After a couple of weeks of waking up feeling less anxious and with minimal nausea, have awakened the past couple of mornings with the good old headaches and some shakiness!    But, have been sleeping 8 to 9 refreshing hours, so that is a positive.  I am curious as to a previous post stating that Tylenol was an opioid???  Regular Tylenol is an acetaminophen and is relatively safe for pain relief.  Tylenol with codeine is a narcotic and can only be given with a prescription.  As an aside and on a slightly different note, on one of my postings in a different forum, a buddy stated that the majority of people recover within an 18 to 24 month timeframe.  The majority classification spooked me a little as I had been led to believe that the majority recover within a 6 to 18 month timeframe, and 18 months plus is considered protracted?????  I know it is almost impossible to determine exact time frames, but just thought that since we are in the 6 month plus group, I could get some clarification from those in this forum :stretcher: :stretcher:  Thanks and full speed ahead to a wonderful and forever recovery :smitten:

Healing is a personal thing. It is a work in progress with time as a major player.Everyone's healing comes differently and the timelines are put so that people can relate and have hope.But you can heal faster after longtime use whereas a short timer can take a longer time.

Bexlan

Thanks, Bexlan, I love your optimism and positivity.  We all need that and benefit from it on a daily basis.  Have a great Saturday :D

Thanks, Bexlan, I love your optimism and positivity.  We all need that and benefit from it on a daily basis.  Have a great Saturday :D

Nice Saturday too garden guru.

Just absolutely awful this morning, horrible nausea, so sick and weak, terror, confusion, dizziness, neck, shoulder and chest pain. This has been my worst morning in awhile :( I feel like my blood is poison.

Hi. I'm new to this sub group, so hello to everyone. My name's Mike and I live in the UK. I was on 30mg Mirtazapine and 6mg of Diazepam at night. However, especially during lockdown, and even now, this was and is NOT enough to avoid very low mornings. I would get up dreading the day and thinking it would be a real struggle just getting through it. Occasionally on an especially bad day I would take an extra 1mg of my own stock of Lorazepam, and this would work really well to calm me down. By late afternoon/evening things would always improve anyway. But the nest day it would start all over again however. Not having much to get up for isn't making things any easier. I decided the 6mg of Diazepam and maybe even the 30mg Mirtazapine were not enough. My doctor has now started me on an antidepressant called Vortioxetine (5mg) and I'm still on the 30mg of Mirtazapine for now, though this is expected to reduce to 15 mg in a week or so after the Vortioxetine has started taking some effect. The main thing is that the only thing that calms me down some days is the Lorazepam. So I'm now self medicating on 1mg of Lorazepam during the day and the taking the same at night and avoiding the Diazepam. It's helping in as much as the low mornings are more manageable but at the same time its the equivalent of tripling the Diazepam. So naturally I feel guilty. I don't have the best of Doctor's and don't have any other support for the depression/  anxiety, except I do have a counselling session each week. What to do? I have been chatting to a friend online who has had psychosis for many years. He says not to feel guilty about the Lorazepam since its really helping right now. My doctor has no idea I'm on this as I no longer trust her.

• 3 weeks later...

Mornings become easy.All the weird feelings become less and non existent.

Still living by the same motto accept today as it is and hope for tomorrow.

Peace.

Bexlan

Peace.

Bexlan

I love your positivity Bexlan. Am so glad I found this group. I use to love mornings, I was a morning person. But now after going to bed feeling pretty good and getting sleep these days, it's like I wake up every morning to my own personal nightmare. My mind keeps telling me horrible things and it's so difficult to block them out. I can calm down a bit with meditation. I keep almonds and whole grain trisket by my bed..lol  I don't feel like eating anything but manage to choke down a few almonds and a couple crackers. I read where protein and carbs help ease the nausea, just trying it out. I'm only one week into taper but seem to be in withdrawal for a while. A week after my dad passed in June I tested positive for Covid. Mine was mild, thank the dear Lord. Then I got pneumonia and was put on Levaquin. I don't know but I believe the Levaquin blocked my Klonopin because that's when the panic and anxiety started. And my bad mornings. The worst part of mornings for me are the horrible thoughts. How does someone deal with that?

Peace.

Bexlan

I love your positivity Bexlan. Am so glad I found this group. I use to love mornings, I was a morning person. But now after going to bed feeling pretty good and getting sleep these days, it's like I wake up every morning to my own personal nightmare. My mind keeps telling me horrible things and it's so difficult to block them out. I can calm down a bit with meditation. I keep almonds and whole grain trisket by my bed..lol  I don't feel like eating anything but manage to choke down a few almonds and a couple crackers. I read where protein and carbs help ease the nausea, just trying it out. I'm only one week into taper but seem to be in withdrawal for a while. A week after my dad passed in June I tested positive for Covid. Mine was mild, thank the dear Lord. Then I got pneumonia and was put on Levaquin. I don't know but I believe the Levaquin blocked my Klonopin because that's when the panic and anxiety started. And my bad mornings. The worst part of mornings for me are the horrible thoughts. How does someone deal with that?

Sorry Jolibean that you are going through all this.Mornings are really awful for most in withdrawal. The horrible thoughts are also disconcerting.

Try to practice mindfulness of thoughts by Jon Kabat Zin.It will help detachment from the horrible thoughts. Sorry about the Covid and pneumonia.

Hope you are feeling abit better.

• 7 months later...