MORNING DREAD...

[Be...]

Yeah alot of ads can make anxiety worse then doctor just treat it with benzos ughh . How was your mood today?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Bl...]

• [Ul...]

• [Sh...]

Same man.It seems like a habitual mind game.Like the mind got used to feeling like dat every morning. At times I doubt it's benzos.

Hi, I"m in month two of WD.  I have high anxiety mornings.,.breathing fast, worrying, etc.  I was reading this thread and tried the cold shower this morning.  Any other tips.?  Thank you. 

Hey TallGolfer.Good to hear the cold shower helped a bit. From what I see eating a protein and carbohydrate snack to balance sugar levels.Also exercise and mindfulness meditation could help.

HI, I have a question.  Last night I fell asleep at 10;30.  I woke up at 4:00 this am with the adrenaline rush and anxiety.  I don't get the adrenaline rush too much anymore.  However, when this does happen, should I try to go back to sleep if I feel tired or should I stay away?  Which one is better?  THoughts

The way I see distracting yourself with yoga or exercise then wait till next day at around 12 and take a nap will do better. Problem with going back to bed is the intrusive thoughts catch up with ya en then u get more anxious en ruin the day.

I had extreme morning anxiety for the last four years and it never occurred to me that it was tolerance withdrawal. I am now convinced that that was the main culprit. I still have it as well as tons of other sx but as I get further in my taper, that horrible feeling of dread and doom has started to lift somewhat. I am hoping that it continues to improve and will eventually go away. I've always had anxiety issues but this definitely is something that seemed to come from the benzos.

Bexlan: I think its great that you started this. i think I've mentioned to you somewhere on BB before that mornings are rough for me too - still. :tickedoff:

I think the best advice I found was to get vertical - get out of bed. Open the curtains. Eat something (protein and carb). Occupy my mind with something positive (to distract from the pesky morning anxiety..). Lately its been this person I love on you tube who does these gardening videos.

DO NOT start your day with the news...or FB bc its seems so many on FB have turned it into a political posterboard.. :(  so in general I stay away from media. I tune in maybe twice a week briefly so I can honestly say I don't live under a rock. I actually come on BB in the mornings and look for any positive updates or write in my blog. I have a small to do list for each day - it helps give me focus and purpose.

For me, I really believe my brain has a hard time adjusting from being asleep to getting going again. I can literally feel it. And the once my brain is back in gear I feel a bit better. the closer I get to noon the better I feel.

To anyone reading..my mornings are far better than they used to be. I remember when I was in the fetal position rocking in my bed till 11am after being awake with the cortisol rush from hell at 5 am. I still sometimes get visited by 5 am cortisol but it diminishes by about 7.. I make sure I am up by 8am - my "get vertical" time  :thumbsup:

Trina I know benzos do so much harm but I guess also we need to help the process or else healing will be a run in circles.On bad days it is hard to stay positive but I believe the upward spiral out of depression involves some routine practices.

I find these helping .

Exercise mostly aerobics.Yoga early in the morning. Thinking or writing something pleasant before bed.Mindfulness meditation I.e this teaches acceptance. And lastly avoiding triggers ofcourse this includes negative stories.

SRR morning anxiety is the worst.

Hi Bexlan and all,

Thanks for this. Some similar things to what my wife is going through. What’s SRR though?

My good life.SRR is a member I was replying to on a post above.Sorry to hear your wife goes through this too.Please support her best as you can.

My good life.SRR is a member I was replying to on a post above.Sorry to hear your wife goes through this too.Please support her best as you can.

Oh of course, sorry. I thought it was an abbreviation. I do indeed try my best.

My symptoms all surround a low mood. I do not have physical symptoms but just a mood that is worse in the morning and normal in the evening.

The anger and rage has reduced a bit.

The mornings are not so bad either but not perfect.

Bexlan.

Hello buddies .Hope your mornings are getting better. One step at a time. Acceptance is doing her work. Mornings are also getting better.

My morning cortisol surge has decided to revisit again...which def increases anxiety. I feel like if this were to go away I would be doing so much better on the mornings.

glad your mornings are better Bexlan!

Trina sorry about that.They shall eventually go for good.I have had these throughout my taper and post jump.That is a whole lotta hell of time. These drugs are cruel.

5+ years tapering this stuff, and the early morning cortisol, anxiety, racing mind and thoughts are still a crazy and unbelievable challenge, BUT it looks like they may not be as brutal as they were in the early years of the taper. One hour at a time on most days. Next! :)

Ultra wow u have hard a long journey.If mornings were good,withdrawal would be manageable.But each day feels like you starting again when mornings are bad.

Ultra wow u have hard a long journey.If mornings were good,withdrawal would be manageable.But each day feels like you starting again when mornings are bad.

You're right, Bexlan, mornings can still be crazy, but for some reason I still think to myself each night that tomorrow will be my first "normal" morning in years. One day that'll be true for all of us :) . Having to get up early, go to work, fake my way into acting like things are ok there...it's a drain, but I still trust that it's temporary. Keep the faith! You have an endpoint for your morning challenges. A little each day. Little by little, a little becomes a lot.