MORNING DREAD...

[Be...]

I thought of starting this group for members who have had constant morning anxiety, depression, sick to the stomach feeling, lies like you will feel the same for the rest of the day.

Let's share thoughts about it.How to come out of it and also coping tips and experiences. I know there are other groups like this.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Be...]

• [Bl...]

• [Ul...]

• [Sh...]

Wow I've had this for awhile but this morning was terrible and I still feel pretty bad. Had to drag myself out of bed so anxious and feeling nauseous . It's torture I hope it gets better as day goes on . I might start meditating in the morning

Blkhawks.I tell people who don't experience this don't know what the hell we go through. Mornings reverse all the good felt the previous. Funny thing each morning makes you forget it did get better yesterday. It get better though.

It is hell at least we're not alone. What gets me out of bed in the morning is putting on headphone and listening to music while either pacing or going for a walk. I then munch on some breakfast and have a green tea. What do you do?

Much love

According to what I have read,you are supposed to get out of bed soon as you wake up.Take a cold shower.Then atleast do something like read a newspaper. That's according to Dr Claire Weekes.

im going to try that forsure. A bit scared of the cold shower loll but worth a try. Yes i still take lithium but im not bipolar apparently small doses can be used as a booster for ssris ( im on Zoloft) . are you on any other meds for anxiety or depression?

I am on prozac 20mg.Making 7 weeks now.It seems to work though some days are whac.I believe the worst of symptoms is depression. Hands down for that.

It takes a while to work but your probably through the worst of the side effects .I might have to switch my meds up about!do you ever you ever wake up with terrible nauseu along with the anxiety? I wake up so anxious and feeling like I'm about to throw up and sick as heck!

About Nausea I felt it today but normally wake up with a feeling in my stomach I can not explain in words.Just hellish.Anxiety would be an understatement, terror matches better for the description. I tell you this benzo beast is sick.Been fighting it since 2018 but it won't late up easy.

We gotta keep fighting though.No option.

For sure man once we get through this we will never take being healthy for grantit. How you doing today? I'm going back to work tomorrow after 2 months so I'm really anxious sort of freaking out but I guess I'll get readjusted after a couple of weeks..

I worked all through my taper .It was the hardest thing I did.I dreaded mondays.I dreaded mornings. But the beauty of it is the mind readjusts itself and adapts.

How long do you start feeling good in the morning?

A good morning to you. Woke up feeling a burning pain from my stomach to my feet. It burns to the bone.The anxiety is not much as for now as I have learned to live with it.

Good morning ! I feel the burning more on my skin. Would tylonol help the burning pain you think? And good that the anxiety is more under control for you that's the worst part! Getting ready for work feel like throwing up  let's get this over with lol

Tylenol is an opiod used to relieve chronic pain. I wouldn't take that for this as it is mad addictive. With work you just have to ride it out.

Does Lithium help.

true that about the tylenol. the lithium help abit to stabilise my mood as i alreeady have pretty bad depression without the withdrawls. apparently low doses of lithium are good for when an ssri isnt working that well it can actually boost the effects of of the ssri or so they say. does the burning feeling last all day?

[c1...]
As crazy as this sounds the mornings are the best part of my day , as little as 4 months ago I had that terrible doom and gloom every morning for around 14 months , I never thought it would go away but it did .

Bensanity what did you do to help mornings.I wake feeling like practice. It messes all the feel of the evening. What do u do always when you wake up.

Bilhawks the burning is for the morning. It is a morning horror package.Infact it takes around 20mins.

You mean you had mood swings before benzos.

[c1...]
Nothing special or different, one day I woke up and just felt good , it just happened out of the blue . And believe me it used to be terrible waking up .

Yeah I had bad anxiety and depressed moods before that's why getting off the pills is making me miserable but I see that's with everyone

I see.I really never had depression apart from just situational depression during a setback but it was light and always passed quick.I got anxiety after being put on an AD after a mental breakdown that gave me a panic attack.